Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Modifying all transitions
Kimsie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 19, 2016 09:23 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
I would like to apply the same transition (fade) to all, but at a shorter duration than the fade transition in the library. What is the best way to achieve this? Thanks, Kim
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Kim

In "preferences" go to "editing" and select a shorter duration for transitions. Preferences can be found with the little cog wheel at the top of the PD screen.

Robert
Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Kimsie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 19, 2016 09:23 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks!
thesteved111 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 03, 2016 14:11 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
When I attempt to utilize the fade transition from one clip to the next using a cross fade if I leave the setting on any longer than .10 the following frame sticks showing a frozen frame. I would like to do a more soft transition from one cut to the next for a more smooth fade but this issue does not allow me to do that. it makes it that I have to go in and manually set each edit at .8 or .10 depending on where it will look natural. The default setting is for 2 seconds..

The above question was helpful to not have to do that manually but the larger issue is to be able to still do the longer transition and it looking natural and whether this software can do that.

I am editing 4 sources of video from the multi cam editing feature of concert footage. On the slower tempo areas the slow transition will look great but I can't seem to figure out how to get around this issue.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks