Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD12 failed installation in new PC disk
david445 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 30, 2012 05:28 Messages: 129 Offline
[Post New]
Re-installing PD12 in a new big HDD, migrating all my multimedia programs on a new PC.

Previously installed and uninstalled a couple of times on the same PC on a smaller SSD (too small to accomodate programs, will maintain it just for Win7).

Using the installer 1_CyberLink_PowerDirector12_Ultimate_Upgrade_VDE131210-08 fail saying I need to have a previous version. I did indeed use a valid license key, that worked in the previous installations. Already tried to use this suggestions both using PD10 and PD12 cleaner.

Attached the error screensot, need some suggestion.
[Thumb - PD12 install error.JPG]
 Filename
PD12 install error.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
55 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
34 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 17. 2016 18:05

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The error message to me means that this installation software is an upgrade and not the full version. You must install a full previous version or oem version that came with your pc first. Or else you need the additional product key that came with the previous version. Did you remember to save it, write it down, or register it so you have it now to enter.
david445 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: The error message to me means that this installation software is an upgrade and not the full version. You must install a full previous version or oem version that came with your pc first. Or else you need the additional product key that came with the previous version. Did you remember to save it, write it down, or register it so you have it now to enter.

The two previous installations I did use this very same installer. The installer state I can just enter the product key, if I didn't have a previous PD full version to install. I did indeed put in the PD12 product key I received when I purchased the upgrade from PD10, the same I've done previous installations.

Maybe there is a max N of times I can use the same product key, even if on the same PC?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 18. 2016 10:33

david445 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Finally the installation worked.

Strange is I didn't do anything, same installer, same product key.

Informatics mysteries....or Cyberlink does change something on their side in the key check process.