Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Clean-up utility for PDVD 15?
[Post New]
Does anyone know of a utility to do a complete uninstall of PowerDVD 15 from my system? Can you point me to a link, please?

The most recent one I have was written for PDVD 11, and a lot has changed since then.

On my system, I frequently get an error on launching Windows that says "PowerDVD has stopped working", even without actually launching PDVD. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it still happens. I've spoken to CL Support, explained that was what I'd tried, and their advice was to uninstall and reinstall. Gee, thanks. I asked about a clean-uninstall utility, and they said all I needed was the Windows uninstall. Clearly, that's not the case.

I can edit the Registry, but chances are the problem is more with the various hidden files PDVD stows away in nooks and crannies of the OS -- they're what I want to remove, so I can do a completely clean reinstall.

So: anyone know of how to do that, please?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
No promises or guarantees but you might like to try REVO Uninstaller. It is free. Select to uninstall in the MODERATE MODE only. It will do a basic Uninstall, then search for Registry entries and folder and files.

Use at you own risk but it has worked for me in the past. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.