Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Letterbox pictures
darcy13 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: UK/Spain Joined: Jan 19, 2010 08:36 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Is there someway that I can eliminate black edges on a picture and retain all of the main picture? Like block out the black "letter box" side parts and remain with main pic?

Many thanks .....Darcy13 Darcy
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,

Is there someway that I can eliminate black edges on a picture and retain all of the main picture? Like block out the black "letter box" side parts and remain with main pic?

Many thanks .....Darcy13
Letter box happens if you have a 16:9 Aspect Ratio video and produce it as 4:3 Aspect Ratio video.

The Aspect ratio selection is on top of the Powerdirector user interface next to the little gear icon.

Select the correct Aspect Ratio for the video.

Youtube Help shows examples.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6375112?hl=en

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 22. 2016 12:40

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

darcy13 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: UK/Spain Joined: Jan 19, 2010 08:36 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you Carl.
What I really want to do,if possible, is to eliminate the black bars, without changing Ratio in a VERTICALLY TAKEN frame?
I have tried it by changing pic to .png format and using over an image. Trouble there is that the image pop''s into background, like magic. What I'd like to do is phase/fade it in gradually?
Is there another way to avoid black bars with vertical photo,without changing AR
Darcy13 Darcy
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thank you Carl.
What I really want to do,if possible, is to eliminate the black bars, without changing Ratio in a VERTICALLY TAKEN frame?
I have tried it by changing pic to .png format and using over an image. Trouble there is that the image pop''s into background, like magic. What I'd like to do is phase/fade it in gradually?
Is there another way to avoid black bars with vertical photo,without changing AR
Darcy13
Are you asking about a vertically shot video from a Mobile Phone? If so, there is not much you can do. You cannot filll the screen with the image because that would distort the image.

You can put a background image behind the vertical shot video and fill the screen with that background.

I am sure you have seen news media when they show a vertical shot video, with the blown up portion behind the vertical image.

Example of method.

Filename
Example of fill background.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
Vertical cell video, with blur background
 Filesize
4279 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
312 time(s)
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.