Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
GoPro Studio and QuickTime
CS2014
Senior Contributor Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
I had contacted GoPro about the QT issue and they responded today with the following:

"Thanks for your patience as we get a handle on the end of support for Quicktime from apple.

GoPro studio will still run if you uninstall Quicktime. As GoPro Studio is concerned. Without Quicktime installed, you cannot import any .mp3 audio files into Step 2 of GoPro Studio. In addition, any .mp3 files in the GoPro Studio templates won't load as well.

Our software team is aware of this change and are working on a solution so GoPro Studio can function without the use of Quicktime. We will have a solution for this in a future update. However right now even if you decided to uninstall quick time you will still be able to edit and trim the videos using studio.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Many Thanks,
Mark B.
GoPro Support
http://gopro.com/support/

"
I started this thread here in the Previous Versions Room since I have PD13 but I'm sure this probably applies to PD 14 too. While I know this speaks specifically about GoPro Studio and QT - I think there were some of us wondering about doing some 'pre-editing' manipulation of some video clips in GP Studio and then importing into PD
- thus I posted it here.

CS

This message was edited 7 times. Last update was at May 04. 2016 13:37

PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray Drive