Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No audio once produced and opened?
Robert Wienand [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Nelspruit, South Africa Joined: May 04, 2016 04:56 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I am new to video editing and followed a general course offered on Udemy to get started. I have gotten as far as clicking on the 'produce' tab, selecting QuickTime and saving the video. However once I then open the video in QuickTime or any other application there is no audio to the video and I dont understand why this is happening. Does anyone have any suggestions on why this is happening?

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi, I am new to video editing and followed a general course offered on Udemy to get started. I have gotten as far as clicking on the 'produce' tab, selecting QuickTime and saving the video. However once I then open the video in QuickTime or any other application there is no audio to the video and I dont understand why this is happening. Does anyone have any suggestions on why this is happening?

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you
Do you have Quicktime installed?

If you have removed Quicktime, you can produce MOV file with audio by selecting the LPCM Audio in Edit the profile. Without Quicktime installed the ACC audio Codec may not be installed.

You may have seen this Post: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/48197.page

Also this: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/48200.page

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 04. 2016 10:28

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Robert

Do you have a particular reason for clicking on QuickTime on the production page?

To try and help you get the right production settings it would be useful to know what the format of your original clips is.

Could you try loading one of the original clips into the timeline, highlight it and right click. Then select view properties and post a screenshot of the result.

Thanks

Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
This has been answered previously. You need to produce the audio as LPCM. See this post for further details: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/48347.page .

Let us know if this fixes your problem.
Robert Wienand [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Nelspruit, South Africa Joined: May 04, 2016 04:56 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you Carl312, The Shadowman and tomasc. I have resolved the problem. I followed the steps shown in a tutorial to produce the video clip and this indicated to use QuickTime, but this was where the problem was.
I changed the format and voila.
Thank you for taking the time to assist.