Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Errors Creating Shadow Files
snerd [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 28, 2013 00:13 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Half of my 4K clips in any project get errors when creating the shadow files. I'm on Windows 10 64-bit, 12gigs ram and 1024 video mem on an nvidia card. The message is attached file. Any help?! Thanks!
[Thumb - Image2.png]
 Filename
Image2.png
[Disk]
 Description
Shadow File Error Message
 Filesize
7 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
42 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Try running the file through a video file converter, Handbrake is one, there are other free ones around, it might recover the 4K mp4 file/situation for you.
Dafydd
snerd [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 28, 2013 00:13 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Each one?! There were about 9 on this project. Is it the original file that is damaged or the created shadow file i need to run through handbrake?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
I misread the error message, I thought the original was corrupt rather than the shadow file. Reading it again and I see the error message tells you what you need to do.

It might be worth you having a read of : http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/46177.page
Dafydd