Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Adding transitions to multiple images
DougO [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 19, 2016 23:15 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have called myself searching the forum but I could not find the answer to this question- How do I add transitions between all of my images at one time? I see where I can "add transition to all videos" in the transition library but I don't have videos, just images. After I select all the images and then click on "add transition to all videos", the transition is only applied to the first image.

thanks for any help.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
It has to be in "My Favorites"

Try this

1) right click on x-ray(or your desired transition) and add to favorites
2) change the drop down from "all transitions" to "my favorites"
3) you should see only your desired transition in "my favorites" remove all others if you added some before
4) on the library menu icon, icon to the right my favorites, left click and "Apply Random Transition to All Video" and select type of transition. You should have your desired transition applied to all photo's. The use of videos in the title is a little misleading.

Jeff
DougO [Avatar]
[Post New]
Jeff, I followed your instructions and when I click on "Apply Random Transitions to All Videos", and then select type of transition this is the results:

Prefix Transition - I get the transition at the beginning of only the first photo.

Postfix Transition - I get the transition at the end of only the last photo.

Cross Transition - I get the transition on only the inside photos.

So after three clicks I get the transitions on all of the photos as I was looking for. Is this the way the program is supposed to work? It's still so much better than adding the transitions individually, I am very happy with that.

Boy how spoiled I have gotten - now trying to get three clicks down to oneembarassed

I do appreciate your help. Thank You.
PapidoFrance45
Member Location: France-St jean le blanc Joined: Jan 21, 2011 05:06 Messages: 83 Offline
[Post New]
French people, i do not understand the English . Small screen shot to explain my méthod.
 Filename
Capture.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
29121 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
211 time(s)
Hi All

Win10 64bits PRO OEM - i7 3820 3.6Ghz - 18Go de Ram-GTX960 (375.95)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: So after three clicks I get the transitions on all of the photos as I was looking for. Is this the way the program is supposed to work?

Does not seem correct to me, but I don't know CL program intent either. I had added a note to the PD15 suggestion box on this a while ago. http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/125/45634.page#245935 You got what you wanted fairly easily and that's the best a user forum can do. Program changes/corrections, I can’t assist.

Jeff
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks PapidoFrance! I'd always used the "Favourites" method Jeff described above. The two methods are effectively the same - isolate the preferred transition then apply to all from within that folder/tag.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
DougO [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry it took so long to thank you guys but I do appreciate your help.