CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD12 Speed change and DNxHD transcode
Reply to this topic
david445 [Avatar]
Member Private Message Joined: Oct 30, 2012 05:28 Messages: 129 Offline
[Post New]
Slowed down my AVC/h264 file to 1/2 original speed, exported to same specs.

Tried to convert it on mov/DNxHD codec and got an error message, there is anything wrong in my file, attached the MediInfo.
 Filename
MediaInfo.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
3 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
152 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 28. 2016 08:17

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi david445,

What's the source of your MediaInfo/media file please? Are you attempting to create an .mkv file or a mov? From the MediaInfo you've given, it appears you have an mkv and that is what I assume you're attempting to recreate. However the MediaInfo you've provided shows the video was not generated by CyberLink.

I generated an mkv broadly using the data in the MediaInfo supplied using PDR.

Add the data to the Profile.ini located at: C:\Users\YourComputer'sNameHere\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\14.0

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 26. 2016 05:00

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi david445,
If however it's a mov output you want then you could try a profile such as:
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi david445,
I have made alterations to create a 25fps and 9000kbps in both and I have changed the default mkv to offer a lower audio matching the MediaInfo.

The QT mov profile has to be tweaked (the ini file) to have a custom 25fps and 9000kbps as no default option is available. These changes might not be what you're after.

I used the Sample video provided by CyberLink in PDR and both profiles generated a video successfully.

Do not open these custom profiles to edit either in PowerDirector as that may result in the profiles not working - they don't conform to the default norms and may end up partial reverted etc etc.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 26. 2016 04:58

david445 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Dafydd,I did try to edit my Profile.ini to setup the new QT profile, but it's not working, no Custom profile available in Produce options.

This is a part of PD I really hate and if I good remember I did wrote the same other times.

Attached my Profile.ini, maybe you can find something wrong.
 Filename
Profile.ini
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
20 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
146 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 26. 2016 07:03

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Here's your QT/mov profile template:

The only difference I can see is the frame rate where you have more zero's than I have.
Show me the error message please.
Dafydd
david445 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Attached a screenshot of the error message I got selecting "Custom" from the profiles in MOV.

Just noticed I did lose also the availability of ALL the custom profiles I did have for other formats....every time I touch this specific PD feature I loose time and patience - not your fault of course, you are as always more than helpful.
 Filename
PD custom prof error.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
123 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
40 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 27. 2016 06:07

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi david445,

Please can you provide some additional information? See the guide Part A http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45453.page

The reason I would like the additional info is to the check what version of PowerDirector you are using. The Produce interface you have shown me doesn't match what I have for PDR13/14 so I'm wondering if you have a 32bit PDR. Please advise.

If you have moved or changed the name of Profile.ini file, a new ini file is generated by PowerDirector - that may be what you're experiencing. You must ensure the .ini extension is showing after any edit and no name change has been done.

Dafydd
david445 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,

you're right not using PD13/14, it's PD12 Ultimate 64bit 12.0.3403.0. Wrote here in PD14 forum since I suppose this specific feature didn't change, if so my fault.

Not moved, not changed, edited only using Notepad or Wordpad.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've moved the thread to the correct forum.
Dafydd
david445 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Changed the title, thanks.
Reply to this topic