Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
QuickTime info
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Members checkout CyberLink's QT info: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/48197.page

Dafydd
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd,

My Canon Legria camera shoots either AVCHD or MP4(Model HF-R506). Can I use MP4 in either H.265 OR H.264 to get around this situation with QuickTime?

Neil.

(this is a second attempt to post this question, the first went ker-blooey = i.e. totally failed due to overlong response time by server)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Neil,
Your mp4, using a software called MediaInfo, analyze a video from it. The Mp4, should be H264, is not an issue as far as I'm aware. See Part J in the guide at the top of the forum for MediaInfo. I hope that helps.
Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Mine failed to on this thread and I had to paste a copy (thought it might fail asit was so slow) to recover the situation
Dafydd
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Mine failed to on this thread and I had to paste a copy (thought it might fail asit was so slow) to recover the situation
Dafydd

I get this situation too on occasion and have to copy and paste what I've typed in case my first attempt to post goes awry. In the case of MP4 video, I found recently I could not render to H.265, but could successfully render to H.264. I just wanted to verify which of these was not going to be affected adversely ly the QuickTime fiasco.

Thanks!

Neil.