Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Menu Levels
[Post New]
I am a new user and have searched Forums and Help to no avail. I'm creating a movie for my daughter from multiple converted home movie video tapes. I would like the main menu to be the years 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999 and when selecting one of these, a second level menu which would consist of all the subtitles, that I have inserted, for that portion of the project.

Is this possible or is there some other way to get such a menu structure?

Thanks for your Help.
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, BandGman,

There is a method for doing this, it involves using the facility in the Create Disc part of your PD15 where you select the function "Play Selected Title And Return To Menu". Starting with the material for 1996, it may be an idea to group all this content together and make one "movie" out of it, likewise the content for 1997, 1998 and 1999. These will be the "titles" that you select in the menu.

When you import these "movies" into the "Create Disc" part of Power Director, there is provision for you to add chapters to each, so that each "movie" has its own set of chapters. This is a sub-menu that applies to each individual movie. I think you'll find it fairly easy to work out as you go along, and I add that this feature has been part of Power Director since Version 8, I stumbled across it by chance when I got that version a couple of years ago, and when I saw it, I had one of those "light bulb moments"(in cartoons when a character gets an idea, a lighted bulb is drawn over the character's head). I said to myself, "yeah, that's for me!" And I've been using the feayure ever since. So have a play around with it, do some experimentation and see what you come up with.

Cheers!

Neil.
[Post New]
Cheers Neil, I'll give that a try tomorrow. Have a Fosters on me. :
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Cheers Neil, I'll give that a try tomorrow. Have a Fosters on me. :

Glad to be of help, BandGman! Cheers!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi BandGman -

This tutorial seems to be right up your alley...

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Great, very good information and just what I've been looking for.