Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 15 cannot associate files in Windows 10
JohnS123 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Athens, Greece Joined: Jun 07, 2015 04:04 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
PowerDVD 15 file association assistant works flawlessly with previous versions of Windows but not with Windows 10.

Even Windows 10 program association wizard doesn't include the app in the ProgID list!

Because of that frustration I decided to format my HP notebook and reinstall Windows 8.1 from scratch.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
JohnS, Please don't use the Cyberlink logo. People will see it and believe that anything you say is OFFICIAL information from Cyberlink.

Please explain a little more about your issue. I have not had any file association issues with Windows 10 and Power DVD 15.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 10. 2016 18:50

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
JohnS123 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Athens, Greece Joined: Jun 07, 2015 04:04 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
I've had tested PowerDVD 15 with Windows 10 TH2 1511 and the programID was unable to detect the application.

PS: Had received the notification for avatar removal. No further action required.