Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
*****PowerDirector 14 beta patch (v2723)***** 2016-03-29
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
CyberLink information release
PowerDirector 14 beta patch (v2723)
Downloader link: http://update.cyberlink.com/Retail/Patch/PowerDirector/DL/TR160323-011/CyberLink_PowerDirector_Downloader.exe
Direct download link: http://download.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/cs/patch/PDR14/PowerDirector_2723_GM5_Patch_Patch_VDE160302-01.exe

Release note:
  • Fixes the issue that the capture device resolution drop down list is empty when using webcam to capture video.
  • Fixes the issue that shadow files can’t be generated when the source video is MJPG AVI format.
  • Fixes the issue that the video speed is slow motion when previewing AVI video captured by PowerDirector.
  • Fixes the issue that Screen Recorder captured 1920x1080 video is blurry when previewed in the timeline.
  • Enhances the usability of the “Zoom In” and “Zoom Out” effects .

Please add any beta issues to this thread as it is monitored by CyberLink.
Previous beta data and link: (none so far)
In my opinion: Installing a beta patch is at your own risk, back up your data where necessary. A beta patch is not for the novice/newbie user and should be installed only by those who are experienced in computer use/problem solving.
Dafydd

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Apr 13. 2016 03:35

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Two ".." in direct link of orig post so it does not work, direct link below will work.

http://download.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/cs/patch/PDR14/PowerDirector_2723_GM5_Patch_Patch_VDE160302-01.exe

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 29. 2016 08:34

Anja the Dane
Contributor Location: Denmark (North of Copenhagen) Joined: Mar 03, 2011 15:02 Messages: 347 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Jeff.

One day Dafydd will check the direct link before writing it in the post winksealed PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Aye, one day, oops sorry, thanks for the observation.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Release note:
  • Fixes the issue that the capture device resolution drop down list is empty when using webcam to capture video.
  • Fixes the issue that shadow files can’t be generated when the source video is MJPG AVI format.

These two items are corrected on my system. No experience with the others.

Jeff
blechinger [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 31, 2016 21:12 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hey! First time poster here.

Just dropping a line to say that patching to v2723 from v2707 didn't fix the issue that seems to be related to nVidia's latest graphics driver patch.

I was editing a very long 2k video in PD14 when nVidia released their latest driver. I saved my project, closed out my programs, and updated to the latest (2.11.2.55) nVidia drives. Afterward PD14 doesn't play more than a few seconds of preview before the video playback gets excessively choppy and the audio starts getting ahead of the video playback.

The application isn't overtaxing my CPU, GPU, Mem, or SSD (411 included below) and doesn't become unresponsive. Just the video lag. It's bad enough that the app is is unusable.

I've gone through basic troubleshooting and tried suggestions peppered about the forums. The only one that works is rolling back my nVidia drivers!

Tech info for us nerds:

PD14 Version: PowerDirector 14.0.2723.0 Ultra 64-bit; SR Number: VDE160302-01

Screenshot of UI provided as attachment.

CPU-Z Report provided as attachment.

Please let me know if you'd like any other info. I'm happy to help!
 Filename
BLECHINGER-PC.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
95 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
376 time(s)
[Thumb - CLPD14_SC.PNG]
 Filename
CLPD14_SC.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
Screenshot of PD14
 Filesize
1030 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
77 time(s)
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
blechinger,

You probably know this, but each time you update your nVidia drivers, nVidia reloads GeForce Experience, which has been known to cause problems. (Unless, of course, you have chosen a custom install of the drivers and excluded GeForce Experience). This may not be your problem, but just trying to help... Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
[Post New]
Does this problem has been solved ?
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/47948.page
blechinger [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 31, 2016 21:12 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: blechinger,

You probably know this, but each time you update your nVidia drivers, nVidia reloads GeForce Experience, which has been known to cause problems. (Unless, of course, you have chosen a custom install of the drivers and excluded GeForce Experience). This may not be your problem, but just trying to help...

Hey Dan!

Thanks for the reply. I did not know that GeForce Experience was known to cause problems. I just noticed that after the driver update I encountered issues (and then googled around and confirmed that was a common issue) - so thanks for letting me know.

Unfortuantely uninstalling GeForce Experience isn't an option. Hopefully we'll be able to get PD14 and GFE to play nice sometime soon!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
New beta released: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/48096.page#251563
Dafydd