Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sliding colour change.
Frankc1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 21, 2012 11:46 Messages: 64 Offline
[Post New]
I can usually work out how things are done. But struggling a little with this one. Tried one layer on top of another. Keyframes but nothing is jumping out at me. It is probably something simple but I just love the transition effect. Seen it in fast moving movies as well as stills. You keep the flow but only half the video changes. Clever.

So what am I on about? Easier to show than explain. Jump to 18 seconds. Oh and I am NOT asking how to colour grade.

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
That is indeed simple in PD14. Put your original clip in track 1. Put your color graded clip in track 2 and line them up at the starting point. Trim the beginning of the clip on track 2 where you want the color graded clip to start. Apply the wipe or soft wipe transition to the clip on the beginning of track 2.

Let us know if this is the effect you want.
Frankc1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 21, 2012 11:46 Messages: 64 Offline
[Post New]
Talk about timing Indeed thats exactly what I have just done. Just finished uploading changed film and I got your message.

My photobucket links dont seem to like this site for some reason. I can normally place the video link and it works on other sites.

Anyway it works. Now I have to learn how to make a transition template. No doubt Youtube has a video.

Thank you for your suggestions.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 25. 2016 15:31

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Frankc1 & tomasc -

Yes - there are quite a few tutorials about using Transition Designer. One is posted on this forum page - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/40227.page

I was playing with a few variants of using the basic wipe transitions to create a "reveal". Some retain the original clip on part of the screen. Others use motion graphics. Not a tutorial - just some ideas:

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Great Tony! Thank you
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Good work Tony. I can create that Paintbrush wipe transition with a different NLE but did not know it was possible in PD14. That was a PIP I guess.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you Theolilou laughing

You're right tomasc - a PiP Object with the motion set to match the soft wipe transition. It's a bit of a fiddle syncing but the idea can work well.

Here's that Brushstroke object - http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/124829152 - just shift the central position keyframe to align with the end point of the transition.

Cheers - Tony
[Post New]
Tony

Could you please explain how to divide the screen with diagonal shape (1:3 ?

ynotfish
[Post New]
Hi Theolilou -

Happy to... laughing

The easiest way is to see what was in the timeline to get that. Attached are 1. two screenshots - one annotated and one not, 2. the mask that was applied & 3. the overlay with the black divider line (all zipped)

Hope that helps but if I've missed something just say.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Reveal Bits.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1547 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
355 time(s)

[Post New]
thank you very much Tony