Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Application Manager will not install
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
I fired up PD14 Live, and was told there was an update available. When I opted to install it, Application Manager apparently wanted to update itself, first.

Application Manager uninstalled the existing version, but when it tried to install itself the installation failed. I downloaded Application Manager manually, and tried again, with the same result.
[Thumb - AppManInstallation-2.PNG]
 Filename
AppManInstallation-2.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
First error message
 Filesize
6 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
60 time(s)
[Thumb - AppManInstallation-1.PNG]
 Filename
AppManInstallation-1.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
Main AppMan installation window
 Filesize
27 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
59 time(s)
[Thumb - AppManInstallation-3.PNG]
 Filename
AppManInstallation-3.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
Final error message
 Filesize
5 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
56 time(s)
Jerry Schwartz
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
I went into Task Manager, and found three PD14 processes and two AppMan processes running. I killed them all, and that allowed AppMan to install itself. Jerry Schwartz