Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Are .dzp - PiP files, and can the speed of the Pip be changed?
CS2014
Senior Contributor Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
Pretty much just what is in the title. Would like to confirm that .dzp are Pip files and .dztr are transitions files correct?

I've dld a few (what I thought were transitions ) turns out they are PiP objects - completely my issue thinking they were transitions - just didn't see in the DZ window that they were listed as Pip Objects. Not a problem.

I had accidentally changed their file association and the old thread

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/43776.page#226237

Set me straight - Thanks PIX and stevek!

But I'd like to 'speed up' one of the Pip objects. Can this be done? I do not think just changing their duration will speed the entire Pip file/effect up - just truncates the length of the Pip.

Thanks,

CS

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 20. 2016 00:25

PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray Drive
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Reply deleted

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 20. 2016 05:42

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Reply deleted

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 20. 2016 05:43

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi CS -

Robert's suggestion may well work for you, but there are some disadvantages in some circumstances e.g. loss of transparency on motion objects. My apologies up front, Robert, if my response here seems contradictory.

Firstly - yes - .dztr = transition but .dzp can be a number of things...

Secondly - if you change the duration of a keyframed PiP Object, you can mess it up easily!

Speed of motion of objects can be changed by resetting position keyframes. The closer the keyframes are together, the faster the motion will be. Here's the same motion object, with position keyframes set differently... in order from slowest to fastest.

Here are those ^^ same three motion objects on DZ. If you download them you'll see the difference in motion speed & position settings.

3 second flyby - http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/124829011

2 second flyby - http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/124829010

1 second flyby - http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/124829009

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
CS2014
Senior Contributor Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
I did think about producing the clip Robert - thanks for that comment!

I wonder though - would producing the Pip clip be like 'making a 'copy of a copy' sort of issue too (i.e. a degrading of the clip occurring as a result of copies of copies)? If producing the clip does not degrade the clip - when does something like that occur? I thought I've heard that the 'copy of a copy' degradation does occur when attempting to do something with producing clips ... sometimes. Maybe the degradation was with something else?!?

I see the difference Tony with the clips. At least the 3 sec and 2 sec..... the 1 second clip doesn't open into a different window and display. Don't know what and I don't really NEED to see it - I understand what you mean Tony - Thanks! The motion of the objects looks like a linear path. Can the object in the Pip - cna it's motion converge to a point in the frame? Just curious.

Thanks guys for the responses.

CS

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 20. 2016 09:12

PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray Drive
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi CS -

I doubt there'd be any degradation in quality using Robert's suggestion - so long as you produced to your target output.

There's hardly much that can't be done with object in PiP Designer, if you're happy to work only in 2 planes. It doesn't do 3D-like objects.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "converge to a point in a frame". If you mean you want it to appear to fly off into the distance - yes. Scale & position keyframes control that.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!