Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Multicam editor timeline resetting to beginning
Gorg123456 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Northeast Joined: Mar 16, 2016 12:32 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I recently bought PD14 and spent more than a full day yesterday learning some of the features and putting together a scene from four different camera angles and created it up to that point. Many hours were spent syncing many smaller clips from camera #4 as audio analysis wasn't getting them even close.

Previews indicated it was working as I hoped so I stopped for the night. I opened the project today to continue, per the directions here about right clicking timline and selecting "edit in multicam" and on all three files where I had saved progress on the project my camera #4 clips are all piled one after the other at the beginning of the timeline (on two of the files one or two clips stayed where I had placed them) and all points in the video where I had clips from camera #4 (except where the clips didn't move on their own) are just a black screen. So disheartening. Am I doing something wrong, is there a button I should be avoiding to have this happen, or is this the mother of all glitches? None
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Gorg123456,
Please attach a couple of screenshots so we can see what you're looking at.
1. Screenshot of the Edit workspace with your project insitu.
2. Screenshot of the MultiCam interface with your opened project displayed.
Dafydd
Gorg123456 [Avatar]
[Post New]
The clips contain nudity so I don't think I should post caps. At least one cause of the time line resetting occurs when a clip is removed - all clips from that camera are then sent back to the beginning. So, seems like a glitch.

I also realized that I was throwing off my positions to a lesser degree by using the arrows to adjust, as this moves the time line against all clips, not just the selected clip against the time line. Will update if I realize anything else.

Fortunately I've become pretty adept at syncing so didn't lose that much time. I am now maintaining a text document with all clips and times that I will position before hitting record. None
jcardana
Senior Contributor Location: USA-NM Joined: Aug 04, 2014 10:11 Messages: 650 Offline
[Post New]
POST PICS!!! Just kidding.

So you started PD14 and then opened the project and then switched to Multi-Cam.

I've never needed to use the Multi-Cam interface so I have no idea if this would work.

Did you try double-clicking on the PDS file itself? That would open PD14 for you and "maybe" put you in Multi-cam?

Also, are you Saving periodically (over-writing the pds file) OR are you Saving As (which created a new pds file each time [which is what it recommended by a few]) CyberPowerPC | Win7HP-64 | AMD FX-8320 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Mem | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB | WEI 5.9

My Video Editing Computer
| My DirectX Diagnostics

PowerDirector 15.0.2820.0 | PhotoDirector 7.0.7504.0 | AudioDirector 6.0.5902.0 | ColorDirector 4.0.4627.0 | Power2Go 9.0.2602.0

Sutter Hill SDA Church
| Anadrac_Organ_Works | My_Youtube_Channel
Gorg123456 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Who meeee?

Yes, I tried all the files, no such luck. Once the timeline resets it's stuck that way. Maybe "undo" would've worked if I caught it earlier but can't say now.

I did actually lose some progress to a "save" that didn't save so have been creating new files and saving regularly. Definitely has some glitches but I can't complain for the price, between PD and VSDC I've been able to do everything I needed so far. None
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Gorg123456, Please attach a couple of screenshots so we can see what you're looking at.

Hi Gorg123456,

Hmm. Not sure that your shared image was exactly the screen shot that Dafydd had in mind per his request above. But I'm sure that such an outfit and apparel as pictured, would be the talk of any office Christmas party here on or on the other side of the pond. Now, I'm by far no tech expert. But I wonder (based on viewing your attached image). Perhaps the stated issue may be related to having a somewhat "small hard drive"? I'm just speculating here of course.

There is a Multi-Cam video tutorial available here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DtJDjjq8nA

Though it was created in PD12, perhaps you may glean some useful tips or new insights from within the proffered workaround, that can be applied to PD14.

However, lest I go "Off Topic", I'll leave it to other more qualified members to properly guide you. There are so many various knowledgeable and genuinely kind Forum members here who can help you. Many of them with the capacity to help, even when fully clothed. wink

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 19. 2016 06:50

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips