Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
3D Video Crash Closed Caused by My Settings
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Somehting got lost ! I was editing 3D video imported from a Sony HDR-TD 20 3D Handycam yesterday and I was able to make and produce both a 2D and a 3D video file. I needed to edit the pds file after reviewing the project.

When I went to open the pds file, PW14 crashed immediately. I then went to load only the video files and those crashed PD 14 also. I then tried to load one of the 3D files into PD 12 and that crashed !

A system resore did not fix the problem. I'm trying to find the original download.

I could load a video file into a different video editing program and play without a crash

The vido files are mt2s and are 1920 by 1080. They play in PowerDVD 15 (2D because I don't have my 3D monitor set up.)

Any ideas?

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 09. 2016 14:48

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Stevek,
Ok, what happens when you open PDR14 and drag the sample video into Track 1?
What happens when you drag and drop a video into the Media Library (2D, HD video file)?
I'm thinking the pds is corrupt or the 3D video has become corrupt.

Do you have a "new" source of 3D video file to bring in - capture/record a new video?

Still thinking and throwing muddied ideas your way!
Dafydd
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Stevek,
Ok, what happens when you open PDR14 and drag the sample video into Track 1?
What happens when you drag and drop a video into the Media Library (2D, HD video file)?
I'm thinking the pds is corrupt or the 3D video has become corrupt.

Do you have a "new" source of 3D video file to bring in - capture/record a new video?

Still thinking and throwing muddied ideas your way!
Dafydd

It is getting more confusing ! I dragged several different files to Track 1 one at a time and the program did't crash. I added one of the 3D videos and it didn't crash, I added another and then the program crashed !

I added a non-3D hd mp4 file and the program crashed !

I still have the 3D video on the camcorder so I can bring them in and try again.

I tied reinstalling PD 12 and that program crashed also with 3D video.

I'm not sure what to try next. I guess a complete uninstall and reinstall of the two versions would be the next step. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
stevek
[Post New]
Addendum to the above - I had forgotten that I had made an 2D version of the ISO from the project. That plays in PowerDVD 15. Something happened after that.

I also made a 3D version but screwed that up because the ISO is a double-double (4) displayed but it does play.

I've been working with it for 2 days and need a rest. I'll get back in a couple of days. .
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Stevek,
Take the rest and get back when you can.

Please check out the hotfix as one area the "specific crashes" occurs I believe is to do with video "capture" so maybe it also covers importing in footage.
hotfix:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/47472.page#248718
Dafydd
stevek
[Post New]
I reinstalled the program from scratch and still had issues with the 3D video. There are no issues with other formats. I think that one or more of the video files is corrupted but I don;t think I'll try to figure out which one.

I don't use that camcorder very often so no big deal. I will forget the 3D since no one I show it to are interested. I'll just flip the switch to 2D.

I did not capture with PowerDVD 14, I used the Sony downloader (direct copy). I also have an different video editor that is out of date. I'll try using that.

As an aside, I rearrange my desk when I had a computer crash several months ago and misplaced the emiter for my 3D monitor. Since that was months ago, that shows you how much I use 3D.

I'm going to mark this as closed. Maybe, someday, someone else may have an issue.

stevek
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Stevek,
Take the rest and get back when you can.

Please check out the hotfix as one area the "specific crashes" occurs I believe is to do with video "capture" so maybe it also covers importing in footage.
hotfix:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/47472.page#248718
Dafydd

A new installation didn;t fix the problem and neither did the hotfix. I give up; no more 3D for me ! .
stevek
[Post New]
I could not give up!

I rewset some of the setting in the control panel and one (or more) solved the problem. I'm encoding (rendering ) the project to a file as I type. If anyone has the same issue with PowerDirector 14 and Windows 10, I provide the setting for my computer. I thinkl they are specific to it.

Dafydd, thanks for your help and encouragement ! smile .
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well done stevek, once you have a "puzzle" it bites at one to solve/fix it. Good to know you've resolved the matter.

Question: Could you cause the problem again and then apply the fix/solution? It would be good to workout exactly what you did in the first instance, especially as you know what you did to correct the situation... and maybe share. If you don't want to risk it, I (we) understand.
Dafydd
stevek
[Post New]
I'm too cautious to try to screw up the computer and program to do that - sorry.

Since the program was crashing as I tried to load videos to the time line, I paid special attention to the display settings.

First, I cleared out the temp files, then set the preview resolution down to "High Definition: and real time. I then enabled hardwared decoding. Nothing major.

I was able to reload the 3D project but I had rearraged the 2D version. I had used a lot of transitions in the 2D version but none in the 3D version. I don;t know if that contributed to the solution or not.

Don't forget that I reinstalled the program.

I'm not sure that will help anyone .
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi stevek,
Thank you stevek for the info.

Unfortunately you found the re-install didn't fix the issue. I have raised the same (observation) with CyberLink and will pass on how you were using the re-install as another example where it didn't fix an issue.

The re-install doesn't do anything to non-Program Files. Where you made selections in Preferences or created Profiles for example, all these remain available after the re-install. To get a clean re-install, one would have to clear out all previous PDR14's data. Namely, Registry, My Documents, Roaming, Local etc, to be sure of a clean corrective re-install.... yep a real pain.

Please note, I haven't done the "clear out" re-install, just the re-install as you did and found my issue remained until it was sorted.

Dafydd
stevek
[Post New]
In short, use REVO Uninstaller ! cool .
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]

yep as you do...
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Stevek,
I have had a followup question from CyberLink on your issue, even though it is now fixed, they'd like to track the crash report if you sent one in. Please can you PM me the email you used in the report and I'll pass on the info?
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 11. 2016 04:16