Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector is producing videos with distortion not in the original clip
Volcano
Newbie Location: Wellington, NZ Joined: Dec 30, 2014 17:59 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
When I use PowerDirector (13 or 14) together with ColorDirector, I'm getting distortions in the output video file. The distortions are several faint horizontal lines that have a sort of ripple like water effect to them.

The distortions are not present in the original clip and do not show up if I simply drop the original clip on the timeline and then produce an output video file.

Neither are they present if I edit the clip on the timeline using ColorDirector and then produce a video file from within ColorDirector before returning to PowerDirector.

However, when I return to PowerDirector from ColorDirector and then produce an output video file, the distortions are present.

How do I fix this? To me, it seems to be a bug in the PowerDirector/ColorDirector integration. Anyone encountered this issue before?
 Filename
6083-CG.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
Source clip rendered in PD after being adjusted using ColorDirector. Notice the horizontal lines.
 Filesize
17239 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
208 time(s)
 Filename
6083-PD.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
Source clip rendered in PD with no adjustments. No distortions appear.
 Filesize
17181 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
209 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 27. 2016 04:26

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
looked at the two videos earlier and could not see the faint lines you described. I do see a severe case where auto exposure is very distracting. I see exposure going from bright to dark to light and to dark again all within the 9 seconds. Using ColorDirector made the exposure changes too obvious.

The best answer to me would be to lock the exposure before shooting. In PD14, Fix/ Enhance/Color Adjustment/Keyframe/Exposure can be used to uniformly darken the image like you did with ColorDirector but make the exposure look uniform throughout the 9 seconds.
Volcano
Newbie Location: Wellington, NZ Joined: Dec 30, 2014 17:59 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
I opened a support ticket with Cyberlink and they confirmed it was a bug in PD.

They haven't fixed it yet, but have provided a workaround - force PD to use the Microsoft Inbox H.264 decoder by running the following registry file.

---------------
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\CyberLink\PowerDirector14\MediaObj]
"EnableMSInbox264decoder"=dword:00000001
---------------

To workaround the issue in PD13, change the 14 in the above to be a 13.

I've applied the registry file and the videos now render without the ripples.