Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Resize image to get rid of black columns
georgiejr [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Bacolod City, Philippines Joined: Feb 04, 2016 18:53 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
Newbie on video editing and to PD14 Ultimate. My daughter has sent me iphone pics through viber and when importing to PD, I see this 2 black columns on each side. I tried to rezise to fit to window, but then the head or lower part of the pics gets cut off. I want to retain exactly the same picture without that wide black column to look much better on the movie that I am trying to put together for my granddaughter.

Any advise would be much appreciated.
[Thumb - blackcol.PNG]
 Filename
blackcol.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
Black columns
 Filesize
256 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
44 time(s)
Windows 10 64-bit on I7-2600 3.4GHZ
NVIDIA GeForce GT440
16MB DDR3 RAM
Andres.R
Senior Member Location: Tartu, Estonia Joined: Dec 31, 2009 02:26 Messages: 263 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Georgiejr,

you dont have any good solution.

One nice possibility I recorded for you and there you can use many different effects:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 26. 2016 04:49

PowerDirector 17. Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770 (8M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz); Hard Disk: SSD 250Gb + SSD 500GB.

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AndresRootsi
georgiejr [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Bacolod City, Philippines Joined: Feb 04, 2016 18:53 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Andres.R, will try and follow your video Windows 10 64-bit on I7-2600 3.4GHZ
NVIDIA GeForce GT440
16MB DDR3 RAM