Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
P2G10 and CD-Text
MEye123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 24, 2016 15:22 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Just purchased Power2Go10 and am having a problem with CD-Text

When ripping a standard Audio CD (Redbook), I enter all known disc information - especially track names - and the "Enable CD-Text" option is checked, but the burned audio disc contains no track information. The text is not burned with the music.Sorry, I've searched all over the CyberLink site and cannot find an answer.

How do I enable CD-Text?
[Post New]
How do you verify the CD-text?
Not every device/software can read it. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PowerDirector 365
BestMrRx [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 30, 2022 00:36 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Just purchased Power2Go10 and am having a problem with CD-Text

When ripping a standard Audio CD (Redbook), I enter all known disc information - especially track names - and the "Enable CD-Text" option is checked, but the burned audio disc contains no track information. The text is not burned with the music.Sorry, I've searched all over the CyberLink site and cannot find an answer.

How do I enable CD-Text?

I have this problem as well. I recently purchased Power to go 13, enabled the cd text box and burned several audio cd's that do not list the information when played in various cd players. I also cannot find any information regarding a solution to this problem.
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
IMO, most of commercial CD albums do not contain CD-Text natively on the disc.

If you've seen some "album/artist" info display when you played the discs in any software player, the info is fetched from online CDDB service and the software player you use has built-in CDDB query feature to get the info for your on the Internet.
The online CDDB feature is not supported in power2go. Unknown artist and album are the default for the discs that contain no CD-Text.

What is CDDB: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CDDB