Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Completely out of left field Lytro Light Field camera
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
I see where one can buy a Lytro Gen 1 light field camera for under $80 (US). Has anyone played with one of these (not wilt PhotoDirector though). .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
Hello Steve,

Interesting concept that! Some of the newer Panasonics e.g. G7, GX8 & FZ300 have a similar feature (though it's implemented differently).

Another member raised the question of processing in PhotoDirector, but it requires dedicated software.

For members unfamiliar with the camera/concept, photos are taken in such a way that focus can be reset in post processing (on your computer or device).

This page explains it well and contains an interactive example of how the focus area can be reset.

I've not had the chance to try any of these cameras myself, including the Lytro, but look forward to the opportunity.

PIX

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 21. 2016 11:21

PIX YouTube channel