Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD14 suggestion for a smaller video file.
kmjk333 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 16, 2016 02:23 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]
What is working for me is taking my in-game 4K MP4 video from BandiCam game recording and rendering in PD14 as "MP4/H.264". The original file from BandiCam for 3:01min video is 7.4GB, final file from PD14 is 1.0GB

I was working with avi files, but nothing but troubles. laggy, sound not synced, freezing, play back horrible. You name it, nothing but bad news. MP4 seems to work well for me.

Will H.265 have better compression without loss of video? I tried last night, CPU running 100% (5960X) and came back it had crashed. Will try again tonight.

Other suggestions for better compression witout loss of video?? Any PD14 settings to reduce the stress of a high end computer?

Thanks
kmjk333 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 16, 2016 02:23 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]
Let me try again. I am looking for a greater compressed "produce" file than my current settings without loss of quality. I dont know if PD14 has other options. My output is 4K gaming vidoe at setting of H.264/MP4. Is this one of the best options in PD14? I tested H265 and XAVC S and all 3 about the same 2.1GB final video file.

Is H.264 + MP4 the correct setting for my situation?

Thanks

edit: the above 1st post mentioned crashing using H.265/MP4. I fixed that, I enabled "hardware acceleration" in Preferences. A 4K 7:26sec gaming video was produced in 8:03mins. CPU usage 30-45%, GPU 130F/54C.....I am shocked how fast PD14 processed this video file flawlessly. Great Software

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 23. 2016 02:34