Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
3D rotation of clips
A_J_123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 07, 2016 07:15 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I'm a newbie to this software and so forgive me if I'm asking a stupid question. I have moved over from a different editor and in the past I was able to rotate clips in x, y and z axes. I found this great in creating opening and closing title scenes. I can only see x and y here. Am I missing something or is this feature not aailable?
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,

I'm a newbie to this software and so forgive me if I'm asking a stupid question. I have moved over from a different editor and in the past I was able to rotate clips in x, y and z axes. I found this great in creating opening and closing title scenes. I can only see x and y here. Am I missing something or is this feature not aailable?

Hi, A_J_123!

No, you're not missing anything, actual video clips(if inserted to a PiP track) can only be rotated on an axis(clockwise or anti-clockwise) There is a 3D-rotation of the 3D title available, but it's only for that and nothing else! Shame about that! I had the same idea as you just yesterday and thought I'd explore it. Regrettably I did not find it. Indeed it's something that could lend itself to some very interesting, even eye-popping effects!

Cheers!

Neil.
Jirka.Bolech
Senior Member Location: Liberec, Czech Republic Joined: Aug 16, 2014 06:03 Messages: 158 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there,

Frankly, I am not sure what you guys mean exactly. Could it be similar to what I used at the beginning (from about 0:05 to about 0:30) of one of my videos? I did it in PowerDirector, probably 12 or 13. I just don't quickly remember how I did it.

Regards…

Jirka
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi there,

Frankly, I am not sure what you guys mean exactly. Could it be similar to what I used at the beginning (from about 0:05 to about 0:30) of one of my videos? I did it in PowerDirector, probably 12 or 13. I just don't quickly remember how I did it.

Regards…

Jirka

Hi, Jirka!

What we're talking about here is akin to what you can do with the 3D title in the title room, it can turn on different axises, spin it clockwise or anti-clocwise, turn it so it slopes up or down, turn it so it faces left or right(perspective view, like standing at one end of a fence or wall, etc., and looking along it) or a combination of any of them, well, that's what A_J_123 and I would like to be able to do with video clips inserted onto a PiP track. I could think of a few instances where I'd like to use such an effect. Sadly it's only available for the 3D title.

Cheers!

Neil.
Jirka.Bolech
Senior Member Location: Liberec, Czech Republic Joined: Aug 16, 2014 06:03 Messages: 158 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Neil,

Have you checked out that video of mine? The word video is a link to it. Is that what you mean? I think I just used resizing and keyframes to achieve that.

Jirka
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Neil,

Have you checked out that video of mine? The word video is a link to it. Is that what you mean? I think I just used resizing and keyframes to achieve that.

Jirka

Hi, Jirka, I just viewed a little over 5 minutes of it, I noted you used the effect you talked of in the opening title sequence, You created this in PD12 or PD13, probably shows how PD14 has gone "backwards" somewhat in a few respects. To get an idea of what A_J_123 and I want to be able to do with video clips, open up(if you have a few moments to experiment) the 3D title in Title Room, click on it(no need to type in any titles) and scroll down to the 3D rotation settings. X-rotation turns the title to face up or down, spinning it on an axis horizontally, Y-rotation turns the title to face left or right, giving a side-on view, spinning it on an axis vertically, Z-rotation is just your run-of-the-mill clockwise-or-anticlockwise rotation. Its what can be done with X, Y and Z rotation that A-A-123 and I would like to be able to do with video in our clips.

Cheers!

Neil.
Jirka.Bolech
[Post New]
Hi again,

The video clip rotation I made in that video of mine is of course possible in PowerDirector 14 as well. I am recalling how: In Keyframes Settings, you set the starting and ending clip shape and position using the Freeform section. You can move the corners and sides of the clip with mouse or set them precisely in the digital form in the column on the left.

By the way, when you say Title Room in your last post, you must mean Title Designer. I do agree it would be great if the feature to rotate titles along any of the three axes was available for images and videos. It shouldn't be such a big deal to implement it but some features may just be waiting for future realeases to make customers upgrade and spend more bucks.

Regards…

Jirka
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: When you say Title Room in your last post, you must mean Title Designer

Hi, Jirka!

Title Room, Title Designer, pretty-much same thing, actually! The two are linked together. You go into the title Room to grab a template for the title effect you want to use, you drag it onto the title track, click on it, and this opens up the Title Designer for you to type in the title, set the font size, style and colour, and set the effects of how the title will appear and disappear from your clip. You were using keyframe settings to create the effect in your video. The 3D title designer doesn't specifically rely on keyframes as such(as far as I can see, in any case). An effect I'd like to create involves a constantly revolving circle(like the surface of a DVD or a 45rpm record, for instance) and while it's revolving, rotate it on a Y-axis(vertical) so it appears like you're looking across the surface of it as it spins. That's the theory anyway. At the moment there's no way to do it.

Cheers!

Neil.