Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Clip & Post gone missing -Rude actions unacceptable!
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
I just viewed a clip by Andres.R and suddenly it vanished. I just got through writing the following post:

Hello, Andres.R!

I don't believe SoNic67 was trying to be rude in any way. Something may have "popped up" on his computer that might've resulted in him having to stop the clip before it started. It may have been a technical issue, I'm certain SoNic67 will be able to explain his situation better, if given the opportunity. I did watch your segment, it was good, congratulations, though if you use material from copyrighted features, just an advisory, be very careful. The cinema "big boys" can get a bit litigiously aggressive, if you know what I mean. Yes, I recognised the clip, a scene from "Los Tres Amigos"(The Three Amigos).... and, sadly, that's all the Spanish I know! I offered the above advice in good faith as I don't want to see you get into any legal bother with any of those cinema "big boys".

Cheers!

Neil.

When I submitted I got a red message about code verification or some-such which I didn't quite understand and it was from the Private Messages. Has anyone else noted this! This is not the first time a post has vanished without warning either. This comment had been saved via clipboard because I tried to post in a new topic and it too appeared to be blocked(by taking too long to save). There will be others, including Andres.R, who are owed explanations here.

Moderator, please explain!

Neil.
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, it appears the post (as well as my reply) has gone missing. A search reveals this link…http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/47425.page#247153

But upon clicking on the show post button, a pop window displays…

"The topic you are trying to see does not exist."

___________________________________________________________________ Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
Andres.R
Senior Member Location: Tartu, Estonia Joined: Dec 31, 2009 02:26 Messages: 263 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Neil (and Cranston),

I just noticed this topic, sorry, I didnt reply here earlier.

just spoke with Dafydd too and he didnt delete the topic. let it be, probably some conflict situation between server and PC...

Regarding using clip from "Los Tres Amigos": Youtube let it to use, only I cant monetze it myself, just all earned money goes to movie owner...

SoNic67: No hard feeling, lets be friends again!

Cheers, Andres

And finally, my video again

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 17. 2016 07:22

PowerDirector 17. Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770 (8M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz); Hard Disk: SSD 250Gb + SSD 500GB.

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AndresRootsi
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Great job Andres!

Well put together & nicely wrapped up in your opening & closing sequences. Good stuff!

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I need to repost my earlier comments...
Great video, your opening and closings tie together nicely and make for actual "story telling". I, too make use of other's film work whenever possible, try the INTERNET ARCHIVES, it's a goldmine of 100+ years of films music and images. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
I, too, posted that I really liked the open and close. They made it memorable! Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
CS2014
Senior Contributor Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
That's not archives.org is it Barry? If not, how about a link?
Thanks,
CS PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray Drive
Andres.R
Senior Member Location: Tartu, Estonia Joined: Dec 31, 2009 02:26 Messages: 263 Offline
[Post New]
PowerDirector 17. Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770 (8M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz); Hard Disk: SSD 250Gb + SSD 500GB.

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AndresRootsi
CS2014
Senior Contributor Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
An even simpler solution is to not make such posts.

You have a valid concern but there is a time and place for making effective points - I'm just not very sure it's in a 'help' forum where most are describing issues/problems and 'responders' are usually trying to help those out with such.

Maybe consider making posts like that on a Police blog Neil?

CS PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray Drive
CyberLinkForum-Admin
Administrator Location: Xindian Dist., New Taipei City, Taiwan (R.O.C.) Joined: Jun 29, 2012 04:52 Messages: 212 Offline
[Post New]
Dear All,

The original post has been restored:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/47425.page

It disappeared as a result of a known bug in the forum, which CyberLink RD is still trying to fix. It was not manually deleted. RD's help was needed to restore the post.

Thanks for your understanding.

Admin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 22. 2016 21:34