Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Error code: eEB191784 when trying to burn disc
MJV [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Canada Joined: Feb 02, 2016 20:21 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I just purchased PowerDirector 14 Ultimate and produced a video that is an hour long and 11.9 GB in H264 AVC format. I also purchased a new external USB I/O Magic Blu-ray disc burner and it shows up as BC-RE Drive (M When I insert a Memorex BD-R single layer 6x 25GB disc into drive M, I am asked whether I wish to use the disc like a USB flash drive or with a CD/DVD player. I select the second option and a window opens that allows me to drag files to the disc. When I then try to Create Disc to Blue-Ray via Powerdirector 14, I get Error code: eEB191784 Cyberlink Powerdirector could not format this BD disc. The burning drive does not support this disc.

I can burn the disk with the folder I created with the Powerdirector 14 option "Burn to folder", but this does not create a usable disk to pay in the computer's built-in Blu-ray drive. What type of Blue-ray disc should I be using? Or is there another solution? PowerDirector 14 Ultimate User
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
You said: I can burn the disk with the folder I created with the Powerdirector 14 option "Burn to folder", but this does not create a usable disk to pay in the computer's built-in Blu-ray drive. What type of Blue-ray disc should I be using? Or is there another solution?"

Are you burning the folder set to a disc or are you copying the folder to a disc?

Once you have thew folder, use Power2Go or ISOBurn to burn the folder to a disc. Personally, I prefer and ISO file. Have you tried that and burned the ISO to a disc using the above? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
MJV [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry for the convoluted explanation, meant only to illustrate that the burning drive DOES support the disc for storing date files. I burned the folder set to the BD-R disc by dragging the folder to the BD-R 25GB disc and selected "burn disc". I can insert that into my computer's BD ROM drive and watch movie using Windows Media Player, but it won't work in a Blu-Ray player to my TV, which sees it as an unrecognized data file. As you can see, I am totally new to this.

I was under the impression that Powerdirector 14's Create Disc utility can burn (write) the production on a blu-ray disc so it can be played by others on any Blu-Ray player. It won't create a Blu-ray disc. Is it as simple as my choosing the wrong file format? PowerDirector 14 Ultimate User
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
welcome to the forum.

Quote: ... When I insert a Memorex BD-R single layer 6x 25GB disc into drive M, I am asked whether I wish to use the disc like a USB flash drive or with a CD/DVD player. I select the second option and a window opens that allows me to drag files to the disc. When I then try to Create Disc to Blue-Ray via Powerdirector 14, I get Error code: eEB191784 Cyberlink Powerdirector could not format this BD disc. The burning drive does not support this disc...

STOP!

screw the windows option asking to use as usb drive or whatever. minute you did that,

you got screwed by the windows! just cancel that windows message.

whenever you burn a BD from PD14's Create Disc\2D Disc setting and clicking Burn in 2D,

you'll see Final Output then click Start Burning. must be a blank disc.

let PD format the blank bd disc if it asks not the windows.

try that.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan

'garbage in garbage out'

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 12. 2016 19:43

'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
MJV [Avatar]
[Post New]
I first ignored any Windows message that came up when I inserted the brand new BD-R and used PD14's Create Disc\2D Disc\disc type Blu-ray 250GB Video and Audio settings as suggested:
Video encoding H.264
Quality HD 1920 x 1080/60i
Audio LPCM, 2 channels

Got the above mentioned Error code: eEB191784, then started to find other options of burning the movie to the BD-R outside of PD, each time using a new BD-R. I'm stumped. Is there another option to burn the movie on Blu-ray for viewing on an HDTV? PowerDirector 14 Ultimate User
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Can you post a pic of your screen with the "2D Disc" tab active and after you click the "Burn in 2D" tab. For future reference, it won't matter if you ignore the Windows explorer message that came up or select the options you did.

Jeff

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 12. 2016 21:16

MJV [Avatar]
[Post New]
A pdf of the screen shot is attached.
 Filename
Powerdirector Blu-Ray error.pdf
[Disk]
 Description
Screen shot of PD Burn Disc Error
 Filesize
453 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
418 time(s)
PowerDirector 14 Ultimate User
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, very informative. I’ll offer a couple of suggestions.

1) You have selected 1920x1080/60p as the quality. This probably explains your data disc when viewed on your standalone Blu-ray player. Many standalone players won’t recognize this format. Depends on vintage of player and firmware upgrades. This format would play fine on a PC as you noted.
2) Have you checked if your BD burner has a firmware update, could be the format error?

I’d maybe try something just basic to see if you can get a disc that plays. Since you had success with Windows Explorer burning a disc I’d suggest the following:
1) In PD pref, make sure both boxes in “Hardware Acceleration” are unchecked
2) Selected 1920x1080/60i in the "Create Disc" module, not the 1920x1080/60p you currently used
3) Unselect the Enable x.v.Color which you have selected
4) Select only “Create a folder”
5) Burn project
6) Exit PD
7) Put in a BD disc into the drive bay, accept the Windows Explorer burn, accept use as CD/DVD
8) Drag the contents of the “My Video” folder that was created with step 4, NOT the “My Video” folder, just the two folders inside, the BDM folder and the CERTIFICATE folder to the BD
9) Burn disc

Try to play in standalone player

Jeff
MJV [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, Jeff (and stevek and PepsiMan)
I saved to folder, but since the BDMV folder is 11.9 GB, I got a message with both Windows Explorer and CDBurnerXP that it couldn't be written to the disc because it exceeded the 4 GB limit. I originally thought that PD14 would have a component that would enable setting an appropriate file system, but apparently not. I downloaded and ran the free software ImgBurn, which allowed me to define the device and disc profiles in Build mode, then switch to Write mode to burn the disc. When I proceeded to the Write mode and selected Burn disc, it was very friendly, informing me that Blue-ray video discs typically use the UDF file system not the ISO9660 (that was apparently the default in the Options tab that I had not checked out) and asked If I wanted it to correct this. I responded yes and it worked like a charm and the BD-R plays great in the stand alone Blu-ray player on my HDTV. Problem solved outside PD14. Thanks for your help!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 17. 2016 19:15

PowerDirector 14 Ultimate User
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Nothing wrong with Imgburn, use it all the time. Yes, it corrects user errors and typically does what's correct for what you are trying to burn based on folder structures.

You should not have got that 4GB limit with Windows explorer, you didn't earlier in the BD you burned that didn't play correctly. PD will enable the appropriate file system if it burns the BD, as does windows explorer and Imgburn. The file system is not contained within the BDMV folder, it's a media specification. Been a long while since I used CDBurnerXP and no longer have it installed, you probably needed to migrate to CD Data > Sytem files > UDF (2.50 or 2.60) and all is O.K, UDF is the file system for BD.

Jeff