Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
SmartSound
glowx231 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 19, 2015 12:06 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
I have been tryinmg out some of the external features of PD14.

Playing with SmartSound, I find:

• there are only a couple clips that play

• the music is short & aweful

• when I get to pricing, it seems ridiculous, since there is other free stuff easily available online

• after 3 or 4 samples. the program invariably crashes with message "PDR32Age has stopped"

Smart Sound seem a total waste of time

Am I missing something?

Is there anything worthwhile I can get from SmartSound?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi glowx231 -

If you think the music's awful, I can't help with that. I'd agree - some of it is! The music is only as short as you make it - the default is 30 seconds (I think), but you can make it what you want.

I can try to help clarify a few things about SmartSound music that set it apart from other "free" stuff.

With SmartSound music you can:

• set the duration and get a structured piece of music with start & finish sequences

• vary the mix of intsrumentation to suit your purposes

• for a particular track, select different preset mixes - then customise as you wish

• use the music in a wide variety of settings (legally) - http://www.smartsound.com/support/licenseinfo

That's the reason the pricing is the way it is.

Of concern is (a) all clips should play & (b) PDR crashing when using SmartSound. Make sure you have updated your version of Quicktime because SmartSound relies on it - Version 7.7.9 is current - http://www.apple.com/au/quicktime/download/

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
glowx231 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 19, 2015 12:06 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]

Thanks so much for this info.

I will reinstall the QuickTime update.