Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Resolved: Video dragging and stalling.
Zorikh [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 05, 2015 20:33 Messages: 99 Offline
[Post New]
I just got a new laptop with Windows 10 and downloaded PD14. I opened up a project I had put together in PD13 on my old computer. After i found all the files all the project opened up and I notied that the little icon in the lower left corner of all the hi-def footage files that woudl indicate whether a "shadow file" had been generated did not show up. I pressed "play" to watch the video, and I noticed that the video was dragging behind the audio, and as it continued, it got worse. This is exactly like wathing hi-def footage before the shadow file is generated in PD13 on my old computer. But this effect also occurs with the standard-def footage, and also when I click on a clip in the library to watch it, which always worked before.

Why is this happeneing? What can I do about it? I can't edit videos like this.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 26. 2016 07:55

Zorikh
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
We don't know anything about your new laptop like is it more powerful or less powerful than your old one. You probably need to enable shadow files just like you did on the old laptop. More than likely you purchase a laptop with a less powerful cpu as compared to your old one.
Zorikh [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 05, 2015 20:33 Messages: 99 Offline
[Post New]
Ah, I did not remember that shadow files had to be "enabled." Just did that. Thanks! Zorikh