Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Lens Correction: Don't Do This!!
[Post New]
How to Crash PD14 - Lessons Learned

As a photographer, I use lens corrections in Adobe Camera Raw (ACR), as well as in a P'shop plugin to correct for wide angle lens distortions. Got a drone for Christmas and figured I better get some s'ware to use with the videos. I became a recent purchaser of PD14 and, having figured out 'basic edits', I set out to learn about the Fix/Enhance features. I stumbled on the ability to use lens corrections profiles, so started looking for a DGI Phantom 3 profile (even though there isn't much distortion to begin with).

Found an 'old' profile for ACR with a .lcp extension. Of course, PD14 wouldn't accept that, so I changed the extension to .pdlcp and the file was "accepted" - I thought. PD14 started to crash anytime I tried to open up any "fix" function - Fix/Enhance crashed the program; so did Magic Fix and so did Lens Correction in the Action Camera module .. nuts!!

So, I deleted the original file .. that didn't help. I uninstalled and re-installed the program .. that didn't help. I did a System Restore and that didn't help either .. aagggghhhh!!

I slept on the problem, thinking I would have to call TechSupport but decided to first search the Registry and my computer to see if I could find any evidence of my mis-adventure. Success!! Nothing in the Registry that I could find, but in the Cyberlink\Photodirector\ folder section of the Users\..\AppData\Local\ directory, there sat a copy of the offending file .. DELETE .. !!!

.. all's well again .. Whew!!!

Hope the story of my stupidity will maybe help somebody else .. Ron Wrucke
http://easternshoreimaging.com/
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
You might want to check out these. Powerdirector has many official plug-ins.

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/partner-plug-ins/partner_en_US.html?&r=1

NewBlue Video Essentials II has a Lens Correction.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 25. 2016 11:08

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
.. thanks for the links and suggestions. PD14 has some default lens corrections (e.g., a GoPro version) but nothing for the DJI Phantom. As noted in OP, there is an "old" plug-in for DJI drones (not sure how the camera has evolved??) but it is for Adobe Camera Raw; nothing for PD. I think I'm just going to survive w/o such an animal for awhile .. I have lots to learn and play with before I start worrying about a little horizon distortion .. : Ron Wrucke
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi RW-VA Eastern Shore -

There's good news! 1. Crashing PDR14 isn't as bad as crashing your DJI "laughing" 2. There are lens profiles available for the DJ1

I'm not sure which model you have, but DirectorZone has two lens correction profiles for the different cameras. You can access these from Fix/Enhance > Lens Correction or the Action Camera Centre - or directly on the *DirectorZone Lens Profiles page*

""

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
I went to the DirectorZone, found the profile, and have it installed. A little worried since it was for a different version of the Phantom, but all Phantoms have the same lens so the profile should be OK .. haven't had time to explore 'the Zone' .. Thanks!! Ron Wrucke
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
You'd probably want the profile labelled FC300S. That's for the Advanced Phantom.

The other profile (HG310) is for DJ1's ** OSMO ** - a handheld camera grip. I'm unsure about whether it's a completely different camera.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Quote: You'd probably want the profile labelled FC300S. That's for the Advanced Phantom.

Cheers - Tony

I'm good to go; I have the "Standard" Phantom .. A Panasonic sensor instead of Sony, but the same lens so the profile should work fine. Actually, the Phantom lens is excellent .. very little 'fish eye' effect, but still wide enough to give nice pano's. I was a little concerned about the Panosonic sensor since it dates back to 2012, but it seems to be an excellent sensor - it was reportedly used in the Panasonic FZ200 which was their top-of-the-line 'super zoom' P&S at the time. I haven't seen any noise issues with stills or video so I'm a happy camper ..

Thanks for your help locating the profile!! Ron Wrucke