Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
*Help* Computer keeps freezing during rendering unsure of the issue
keane decker [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 03, 2016 16:37 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hi guys I'm newer to PowerDirector and I love the editing system. However, during my rendering if i'm doing too many tasks (lots of transitions, effects, ect...) The computer completely freezes and I have to restart the computer. I just upgraded some of my equipment so off the top of my head I'll leave the specs I can remember for you guys to browse. Either way I love the product and want to continue using it so if you guys have any answers you would be life savers. One thing is I'm using my C drive which isn't my 1tb harddrive.

Specs:
Ram: 16

Motherboard:asrock z97 extreme6

Processor: Intel I7 4790k

SSD: Kingston SSDnow V300 120GB

Graphics card: Radeon R9 380

HardDrive: I don't remember the specific brand (I can see what it is when I get on my desktop) Its 1TB of memory

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 17. 2016 18:13

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi keane decker,
Freezing umm... looks like your computer is being stressed possibly. Please provide the following and we may be able to advise a change of technique come approach.
1. A diagnostic. Part B
2. Version of PDR14 you're using. Part A.
3. A screenshot, showing us your project insitu in Edit workspace. Part E & F.
4. MediaInfo on the media files you're using. Part J.
See the guides: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45453.page
Dafydd