Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No sound output with MTS files
arthurdh357 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 31, 2015 07:20 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I am a newbie and have just purchased PD14 Ultimate. I have HD video files from Sony and Panasonic digital cameras and when I bring these MTS files to the library, both video and sound play fine for each clip in the preview window. When I put the clips on the timeline and and play them, the sound icon in the preview pane shows the mute icon, cannot be changed and no sound is output.

Project is set for 50 fps, as are the clips. I have also tried changing the settings between stereo and 5:1 surround.

I also tried using handbrake to convert mts to mp4 and mkv but same result, i.e. sound in preview until clips loaded onto timeline.

Any advice will be most welcome.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I am a newbie and have just purchased PD14 Ultimate. I have HD video files from Sony and Panasonic digital cameras and when I bring these MTS files to the library, both video and sound play fine for each clip in the preview window. When I put the clips on the timeline and and play them, the sound icon in the preview pane shows the mute icon, cannot be changed and no sound is output.

Project is set for 50 fps, as are the clips. I have also tried changing the settings between stereo and 5:1 surround.

I also tried using handbrake to convert mts to mp4 and mkv but same result, i.e. sound in preview until clips loaded onto timeline.

Any advice will be most welcome.
A screen shot would show what you are seeing.

Check that the preview is in Real time Preview, non-real time preview mutes the sound. Click the rectangle on the viewer.

The speaker icon on the preview, did you click it? You should be able to raise the volume control to restore the sound on the timeline.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 17. 2016 14:44

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

arthurdh357 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 31, 2015 07:20 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Carl

Many thanks for your prompt reply. It was the non real time preview setting that was the issue.

Kind regards and thanks again.

Arthur
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Carl, really good input. Thanks arthurdh357 for the followup.
Dafydd
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Carl, really good input. Thanks arthurdh357 for the followup.
Dafydd
Thank you, I almost forgot to check that. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.