Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Windows 7 just updated and it's affected PD 14 ~resolved !
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
I've just updated Win 7 and noticed that my PD 14 timeline is now having trouble running smoothly, even without any effects on the clips. Believe it or not, my timeline did run smoothly with the last PD update in 2015cool

Before I roll back Windows, has anyone else found any issues with Windows updates?

Cheers

N.B. I'm sticking to Win 7 for the time being as I'm really fed up with Windows all together!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 19. 2016 07:33

I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
Kyle 40
[Post New]
I may have resolved my slow PC issue. On checking the nVidia drivers I found that I had accidently downloaded the latest versionfoot-in-mouth

AS I still use Win 7, I've just rolled back the nVidia to driver 337.88. Now my PC desktop is the correct gamma/col/brightness .

Still to try PD 14 after a spot of lunch, it's very cold here so some soup wll do itinnocent

Can anyone tell me if having the nVidia Gforce Experience installed is good thing regarding PD 14?

Cheers

Dave

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 19. 2016 07:32

I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, Kyle!

While you have Winter up there in Cumbria, England, we here in NSW, Australia are in Mid-Summer. Some mildly-warm days and some absolute scorchers!

In relation to your question about NVidia GeForce, some of the posts you'd read on this forum have NVidia GeForce as "the villain of the piece". Quite a lot of people have had issues with it. The only real option is to read of others' experiences and decide from those.

Cheers!

Neil.
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote: Hi, Kyle!

While you have Winter up there in Cumbria, England, we here in NSW, Australia are in Mid-Summer. Some mildly-warm days and some absolute scorchers!

In relation to your question about NVidia GeForce, some of the posts you'd read on this forum have NVidia GeForce as "the villain of the piece". Quite a lot of people have had issues with it. The only real option is to read of others' experiences and decide from those.

Cheers!

Neil.

Hi Neil, thanks for you suggestions, my regards to your lovely country, we could really do with some clear weather at the momentcool

Cheers I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
[Post New]
Kyle, if your video card is from the Fermi generation, you won't see any benefit from newer drivers or from the GeForce Experience.

It's hard to say what you really have, because the GT640 came in both Fermi and Kepler versions - you can find out with GPU-Z - Fermi one has 144 cores (GF116) and Kepler one has 384 cores (GK107).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 22. 2016 19:02

Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote: Kyle, if your video card is from the Fermi generation, you won't see any benefit from newer drivers or from the GeForce Experience.

It's hard to say what you really have, because the GT640 came in both Fermi and Kepler versions - you can find out with GPU-Z - Fermi one has 144 cores (GF116) and Kepler one has 384 cores (GK107).

Hi SoNic, thanks for the update. I had intended to keep to one of the older NVidia drivers but had unintentionally updated to a new driver.

I have, however, ditched the GeForce Experience hoping to gain a better response from the GT640.

I still feel that the Window 7 updates are slowing PD14 down having already noticed the now very slow Render Preview, and Render times. I've rolled Windows back as far as I can go but I don't think it's not far enough.

cheers I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.