Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video clips from Iphone
AndyVid24 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Mich. USA Joined: Jan 11, 2016 14:17 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I received two short video clips of my granddoughters .mov that was sent from iphone,

when I imported into PD 12 or Power2Go 10, noticed the video image is laying sideways,

how can I fix this into upright position,,, please help

My computer is Windows 10 Pro, i7-4770k CPU @ 3.5GHz, 32GB mem
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi AndyVid24 -

Unfortunately, all you can do is rotate the clip and resize it to fit in the preview screen. That leaves massive black spaces on each side.

You can, if you wish, use a blurred snapshot behind the clip (like the news channels do when someone send them a phone clip)...

For editing purposes, it's best to record video on the iPhone with the volume controls at the top (i.e. the phone is sideways). You might mention that to your granddaughter for future reference laughing

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Andy,

I was composing a reply when we suffered a power cut and Tony got in first. undecided However, if you don't know how to rotate the frame proceed as follows:-

Select the clip in the timeline and you will see a blue circle in the preview. Put the cursor on this and it will change to two curved arrows. Hold down the mouse left button and drag the cursor round the circle to rotate the frame. When it gets near the 90 degree position it will snap into place.

As Tony says you will be left with large blank bars each side. If you can afford to lose some image at the top and bottom you can resize the clip by 'grabbing' one of the handles on the frame edge or corner and dragging it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 11. 2016 17:05

Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

This reminds me of why I always use a dedicated device for capturing video, a video-camera! I recently bought one of these types of phone of my neighbour(private sale). It had a camera in-built and a slot for micro-SD card to store any video or stills, but I made up my mind that it would ONLY be used for its primary function - as a phone! I have video cameras, three(one has gone a "funny" with its monitor screen just showing white - no image) so I bought a replacement. I have an earlier-model camera which still works okay but I haven't used for a while, I'm contemplating a special use for it to shoot video through the windscreen of my car as I'm driving.

I see quite a bit of video content shot by these so-called "I-Phones" at different times, and all-too-often the users are holding them up in "portrait" aspect instead of "landscape" aspect. That's the reason why the image above looks as it does(even removing the "blur" filler, either side of the image). You you gotta use these things, turn them on their side! Then there won't be any need to "correct" the image when it comes to editing.

Cheers!

Neil.
AndyVid24 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Mich. USA Joined: Jan 11, 2016 14:17 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you guys for the tips, now it all works just fine
Talukdar [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 08, 2015 08:00 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi AndyVid24 -

Unfortunately, all you can do is rotate the clip and resize it to fit in the preview screen. That leaves massive black spaces on each side.

You can, if you wish, use a blurred snapshot behind the clip (like the news channels do when someone send them a phone clip)...

For editing purposes, it's best to record video on the iPhone with the volume controls at the top (i.e. the phone is sideways). You might mention that to your granddaughter for future reference laughing

Cheers - Tony

Thanks for your response. I am facing the same kinf of problem. I searched a lot over internet but couldn't find anything. TotalSystemCare - Software to Care for your PC