Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Issues with VOB Files
Fazle [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 13, 2010 09:34 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Everyone.

I have been using PD 12 but had some problems when editing MT2 files (Video Files) created from Sony Z7U Camcorder as well as Canon 5D mark II. The program would slow down especially after about 10 minutes or sometimes under 7 minutes of editing.

To improve the stabiltiy, I recently purchased Director Suite 4 which came with PD 14. But I did not see any speed improvement as advertised compared to PD 12. I am still having problems editing MT2 files. The program (PD 14) constantly freezes or crashes. When I press Control+Shift+Del, I see PD 14 error "Not responding".

I have been very busy lately and could not play further with the PD 14. I am now working on an assignment which has a home made video on DVD that needs to be inserted on a new video project. I copied the whole DVD to my SSD drive and it is in VOB format. The video footage is about 15 minutes. The problem comes when I import the video to PD 14 timeline. It gets shorten to roughly 24 secs only. Hence I cant import the complete file of 15 minutes. I tried using PD 12 and did the sameway import the same footage from the SSD and had no problem. It seems the NEW PD 14 is not recognising the VOB file.

All the drivers in my PC are upto date includes GPU, MOBO, etc. My PD 14 is also updated to 2302.

I will appreciate if anyone can help me in resolving this issue... I am sure there are few bugs in the program as it was bought online and was downloaded from Cyberlink official site.

Thank you all and I hope someone out there will be to my assistance.

Faz Chipset - Intel i7 3930K
OS - Win 7 Pro 64Bit
Graphic Card - AMD Radeon HD7990 - (6GB DDR 5 Mem)
MOBO - Asus Rampage IV Motherboard
Memory - 64GB DDR3 Memory
Drive - SSD x 2 - 512gb each
Camera - Sony Z7U
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Faz,
welcome to the forum.
Did you find ALL the Vob files? There may be more than one. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Fazle [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Barry

Thanks for your reply. Yes I see all files in the folder which I have saved on my SSD drive. But when I open the timeline in PD 14 and when I import, I see 2 files which are VOB that I import and when I place them on timeline, the files get shorten to about 24 seconds only. Moreover I still have my older PD 12 program. Gladly if I import the same file on PD 12, I get complete 15 minutes footage. Therefore it seems there is a bug in PD 14 which does not read full VOB files which is roughly 15 minutes video.

Wondering if I did miss something when downloading Cyberlink Suite 4 which included PD 14.

Barry thanks for looking into, prompt reply and reading the forum.

Regards Faz Chipset - Intel i7 3930K
OS - Win 7 Pro 64Bit
Camera - Sony Z7U
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
How big is/are the Vobs? Could you bother to attach the smaller of the files that are giving you trouble, this sounds rather bug-like, but who knows?
HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
Try this...
In Windows enable "see file extensions".
Those Vobs are actually Mpeg2 files in ugly clothes.
Copy one of those vobs (for safety) and rename/alter the extension to .mpg and see if it plays in PD and if it is correct.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 07. 2016 12:31

Fazle [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Barry
I am sorry for not replying earlier. I did copy the file into another folder, and renamed ext to mpg. I did also change the name of the file just incase. PD 14 did not work and would still play 24 secs in preview as well as in timeline instead of 15min.

However if I import the same file onto PD 12, I can preview full 15 minutes of footage as well as see full clip in the time line. Due to urgency of finishing the project, I edited the footage on PD 12 for now. And will check PD 14 later when I have some time.

I am confused, if for any reason the file was corrupted, then why does PD 12 recognise the full 15min. The problem seemed to be with PD 14.
I checked the settings of PD 12 and have same settings on PD 14.
In Win I have checked see file extension.

The file is almost a gig and I cant send via mail due to limitation of my bandwith. I will appreciate if you or anyone out there has any idea or any other suggestions.

Barry I thank you and all who have taken interest in helping me. Chipset - Intel i7 3930K
OS - Win 7 Pro 64Bit
Camera - Sony Z7U
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
This sounds like a bug, I will look at a few of my own vobs later today.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 09. 2016 08:01

Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, Barry! I'm having signal strength issues with my wireless modem so my first attempt to post of this went "kerbluey"!

I've noted a similar situation to Fazle's but not in VOB files(chunks of a video stored in separate folders). What I've noted was, when I pull a raw unedited clip(captured from VHS) into PD14, after being stored for a while before anything was done to it, if I preview it while still in the "library" I see that there's a few minutes missing off the end, the clip imported almost immediately into PD14, but incomplete - Thumbs down! So I close PD14 and open PD8 and import the very same raw clip into the media library - Viola! The complete unedited clip! So now I start to work, first converting the clip to 16:9 from its original 4:3 aspect ratio, using CLPV(marvelous device, that!), then touching up the image quality with Fix/Enhance before rendering(still unedited), I then close PD8 and bring the altered version(AR and image touch-up) into PD14, check it in the media library, yep, it's all there! - Thumbs up! I then do my editing, add my titles, job done! But for authoring to disc, it's PD8 for me as I can still burn at DVD-SP and fit 2 hours and 20-odd minutes of content onto one disc, thereby taking full advantage of the disc's capacity. - Thumbs up again! Pity there's no emoticon for thumbs up or down!

Cheers!

Neil.
Betty15765 [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 25, 2014 17:48 Messages: 99 Offline
[Post New]
I am having same problem. When VOB (even when extension changed to mpg) and imported into PD14, only a minute from about 15 minutes is imported.
Something about richvideos pops up. Have no idea what that is or what to do with it.
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
This thread is eight months old. Please start a new thread and describe your problem in the title. You'll get much better response. Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6