Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Using Adorage and Vitascene
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
When I upgraded to PD14 yesterday, I installed these two items. I have no idea how to use them. Adorage put an icon on my desktop, but if I click it it opens as a standalone, not linked to PD14. There is no icon for Vitascene.

When I go to PD14 transitions, I have one icon each for Adorage and Vitascene, but no idea how to select an effect. Is there a tutorial or help somewhere? I did a search on the Users Guide but it didn't find any reference to either.

P.S. I'm wanting to use these from within PD14, not as standalones.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 19. 2015 16:11

Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Adorage is pretty much like other effects. Drag it to the effects track, double click, select "Stand-alone effect". The "?" on the left of the loaded Adorage window will take you to a manual.

Jeff
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dan -

What Jeff said! laughing

There's a fair bit to explore in both Adorage & VitaScene transitions. After you've found something you want to apply in the timeline, click OK or Yes and there it is.

They're each like an complete extra transitions module.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Jeff, Tony. I would never have figured that out on my own, but pretty straightforward now (even if there are a million combinations and permutations). Regards,
Dan
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
(10 core, 20M Cache),
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, Richmond Dan & Tony!

I also noted the Adorage transition but I didn't see anything of Vitascene. I tried the Adorage effect once but wasn't impressed, so I simply don't bother with it. I'm perfectly happy with the other transition effects.

Cheers!

Neil.
Richmond Dan
[Post New]
Quote: Hi, Richmond Dan & Tony!

I also noted the Adorage transition but I didn't see anything of Vitascene. I tried the Adorage effect once but wasn't impressed, so I simply don't bother with it. I'm perfectly happy with the other transition effects.

Cheers!

Neil.

Neil,

You mention the Adorage transition (singular). Not sure if you realize this, but if you drag the Adorage transition icon from the transition window and position it between two clips, you can then click on the "Modify" button. Then go up to the Transition Settings window which appears above, select either either overlap or cross, and then click on "Stand Alone Effect". When you do so, it will bring up a zillion (more or less) different transitions to play with.

P.S. Jeff said this also, but I just wasn't sure you realized how many are available.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 21. 2015 15:48

Regards,
Dan
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
(10 core, 20M Cache),
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, Richmond Dan!

As I said, what I saw of the Adorage transitions, I didn't see, or didn't notice what you were referring to. I may try again at some future date and see what lies behind that "green door"(channeling Jim Lowe there, ha-ha).

Cheers!

Neil.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Those Adorage transitions are a lot better than those user created transitions in the DZ. They can be the same ones for other NLE's. Example would be the box, circle, ellipse, and rectangular ones beats the same transitions created by most users in the DZ hands down for looking professional.
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Those Adorage transitions are a lot better than those user created transitions in the DZ. They can be the same ones for other NLE's. Example would be the box, circle, ellipse, and rectangular ones beats the same transitions created by most users in the DZ hands down for looking professional.

Tomasc!

Thanks! You really know how to make us users of Power Director feel like we're contributing.....Hmmm! Some of us may go to great lengths to create those transitions, others(like me with my two diagonal wipes) might want to keep it simple, but we do our best to provide an end-user with something to give his/her video that extra "zing"!

Cheers!

Neil.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I did look at your two diagonal soft wipe in the DZ previously. They would be a compliment to the PD soft wipe in which does not include the diagonal ones. Those user created transition are limited only by the imagination of the creators like the camera shutter effects not otherwise available to PD users.
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello Tomasc

I tried an Adorage transition effect on some old content I had been tinkering with. This content was old analogue video shot in 4:3 that I "touched up" by converting(through CLPV) to 16:9 and cleaning up the image with Fix/Enhance.

The Adorage Transition, to me, appears to have limited usefullness, at the beginning or end of a clip, spin in/out from/to any corner(with or without growing/shrinking) or growing in or shrinking out from/to black in the centre of the screen. I'm yet to see what other "hoops" Adorage can jump through, that'll come with time and a bit of experimentation.

Cheers!

Neil