Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
3D playback only - White bright pixel top left corner
canachi2 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 16, 2015 15:32 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, 3D playback is almost flawless in my system, but there's a white bright pixel in the top left corner of the screen.

This occurs only in 3D mode. It is very distracting. A closer look reveals that the top line adjacent pixels are flickering.

My system:

• Panasonic Plasma TV (active 3D mode), Cables and AVR are 1.4 HDMI complaint.

• AMD radeon HD 7750

• Latests AMD drivers and PowerDVD patch.

Thanks for you help!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 16. 2015 15:58

MLUM [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 30, 2015 02:57 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I have the same issue, since last week. The bright white pixel and worse, the left and right frame of the 3D image is reversed (painful on the eyes).
Last week everything was fine. What has changed.
My System is AMD, latest drivers, Panasonic VT50 plasma, Radeon R7.

Thanks if you can help with clarifying what the problem is.
canachi2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Peter,
Did you updated your graphic card drivers since last week? If you did, can you tell me what was the previous version.

Google search indicates that in windows 7, deactivating AERO in Powerdvd and/or transparencies in windows may help.

Unfortunately, my system has Windows 10 and that option doesn't exist within Powerdvd.

I opened a ticket with technical support, let see if they answer soon.
Regards.

MLUM [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,
Believe I've solved it. It was a simple 'swap' to right frame first that caused the eye sore : Swithed it back and 3D looks great again.

That white pixel is still there though - irritating.

BTW. I've updated to latest 15.12 AMD drivers on my Win10 HTPC.
nullack [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 29, 2010 04:09 Messages: 139 Offline
[Post New]
You should run test patterns on the display as Im pretty sure thats a hardware problem. Keep in mind 3D mode is different to 2D display mode so test in both modes.
canachi2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm sure is not a hardware problem, the bright pixel(s) is not there if I play the movies with WinDVD pro (trial).

I think most people with PowerDVD may be using overscan in 3D (without even knowing) and if you do this the bright pixel disappear. Overscan is NOT good for multiple reasons.

Still waiting response from Technical Support.

Edit: It is a shame, because the 3D picture is awesome otherwise. In Cinema mode that's it, 3D in my system does not work in Classic mode.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 19. 2015 16:25

nullack [Avatar]
[Post New]
I see the logic mate but thats not a conclusive test. As you say, WinDVD might be using different scan settings. Testing it properly means a test pattern in 3D on your display. Everything else is theory. A 2D test pattern would be wrong for this given how displays work differently in 3D mode. Its just a few seconds to test it you'd spend more time thinking of why not to do it, than just doing it
canachi2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I din't see the point to run a test pattern, the results are obvious, see below.

When using PowerDVD a test pattern show the white pixel in 3D, as expected.

Test patterns with other devices/software do not show the white pixel. The TV converting 2D to 3D do not show the white pixel.

It is not a display (TV) issue. However, it may be the way PowerDVD interact with AMD drivers.

EDIT: Perhaps you can provide a link to the test pattern you are referring to.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 22. 2015 01:06

nullack [Avatar]
[Post New]
Id try it in 2d first with this test pattern from

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwfevO7EnLqGNUdRTWFFN1JGaHc&usp=drive_web

Its file number 08 Overscan. Download it and run it locally, its only 34 MB. This test pattern will also deal with the overscan testing that was mentioned above in this thread. With your wrong pixel being in the top left it should be readily visible. If not, try one of the other test patterns with a better position to see if your stuck pixel is a hardware problem. Sometimes stuck pixels can be fixed in your house, google has a ton of info on it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 24. 2015 01:59

canachi2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks nullack, that's basically the same pattern (among others) I already run.

The issue is NOT a Display (TV) problem, IT IS PowerDVD and perhaps the way interacs with AMD drivers.

I'm still waiting response from technical support.
nullack [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi. For you to claim that and for it to be a rational truth, you need to also test it in 3D using something other than Cyberlink PowerDVD. I get that in 2D your not seeing the problem either in PowerDVD or other players. Proving the problem does not occur in 3D mode outside of PowerDVD is the definitive basis to say its not a hardware problem. The reason is, on many displays the colour format and even the resolution is different in 3D vs 2D, and say an error in your display circuitry can cause this just as much as your theory on it being PowerDVD. Id try it with say stereoscopic player or something similar:

http://www.3dtv.at/Downloads/Index_en.aspx

Cheers
canachi2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
As I already did, see the posts above. I thought you were trying to help, but I'm not so sure now.

Again, this is not a display problem, it is PowerDVD.

Merry Christmas!
MLUM [Avatar]
[Post New]
I need to concur with canachi2 as I'm experiencing the very same issue and it started when installing the new AMD Crimson drivers on my system.
It must be an issue related to PowerDVD and the AMD drivers.

Hopefully this will be fixed, but I'm not very hopeful as AMD has a long track record of poor driver software and ignoring user issues.

MLUM [Avatar]
[Post New]
Update that might be of interest. I've tried to go back to Windows 8.1 64b from Win 10 64b, and the white pixel is no longer there.

Everything now works fine with the AMD setup.