Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
particle designer help
drosenbe08132 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 13, 2012 11:14 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
is there someplace that describes each of the properties that can be modified for particles? the tutorial goes into some of the properties, but I can't find any real descriptions of what each thing does.

My main issue right now, is that I want a smoke effect, that lasts for a certain amount of time, but the way the smoke particle object is now, the smoke dissapates and restarts. How do I make it last longer. I would love to be able to put the particle into the time line and simply trim it to the length that I really want.

I tried mofifying the 'life' property, but I don't think that that's working.

Thanks
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi drosenbe08132 -

You're on the right track modifying the Life parameter. That controls how long each particle appears on screen before "dying".

The PDR Help file has a reasonable description of what each of the parameters does. It's the same as the PDR User Guide.

Which particlar particle are you modifying? Smoke Rising? or the 3D one called "Smoke"?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
drosenbe08132 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 13, 2012 11:14 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
the 3d 'Smoke'. Is there a difference in how it can be customized?

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Not really - the main difference is that 3D is enabled on that one. Just disable it if you don't need a 3D particle.

Have you applied any fade in/out effects to the particle?

I just had a play with it, adjusting only a few parameters, & it just keeps smoking however I set the duration. I uploaded it to DZ if you want to check out the settings - http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/124827068

And you're right. Adjusting "Life" seems to make very little difference with this particle effect!

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!