Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can somebody diddle the hanoman.exe file, speeding up generation of shadow files ?
Eugen157
Senior Contributor Location: Palm Springs area, So.CA Joined: Dec 10, 2012 13:57 Messages: 662 Offline
[Post New]
Can someone knowledgable diddle the PDhanomanSvc.exe file to in crease the priority from "below normal" to a higher value? Doing it in win 7 makes no difference.

Hanuman only gets 15% of CPU power regardless of priority setting.

Generating SF from 94GB of 4K video took over 9 hr over night.

I like the simplicity of using PD to do this internally, rather than externally.

Eugene

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 14. 2015 13:25

73s, WA6JZN ex DL9GC
CYBERLINK PLEASE ADD UHD BLU RAY BURNING SOFTWARE
PD14,
Win10,64bit.CPU i7 6700,16GB ,C= 480 GB SSD ,GPU GTX1060 6GB 1 fan. Plus 3 int, 4 ext HDD's for video etc.LG WH16NS40 reads UHD.
4K 24" ViewSonic monitor.Camera Sony FDR-A
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Eugene, I think the *Magic+PD* approach would solve all your problems. This is exactly the kind of situation it's made for. It's a very simple one-step process that converts all your clips in a few minutes then you'd be able to edit them in real-time (in Full HD preview) and produce whenever you're finished. No more waiting for hours while PD creates shadow files.

The only downside is that you need to have 10-12x the size of your existing clips available to hold the converted files for editing, but you can delete them afterward to free up the space. If you ever need to re-edit the project, just convert the original clips again.

For example, if you're working with clips that are 30GB total, you'd need at least 360GB free, but you can put the converted clips on any drive, including external SSDs or HDDs with USB 3.0, Thunderbolt, Firewire or eSATA interfaces.

The only qualification is that external drives need to have at least 120MB/s transfer speed, so little "thumb" or "flash" drives won't work. I think you should give it a try

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 14. 2015 14:26

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°