Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Lost partly edited rushes
Alain II [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 20, 2015 01:34 Messages: 136 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all,

I am preparing a project in PD14 Ultimate that will last some 25 minutes. I recorded on SDXC-cards a large quantity of rushes and bring them in PD14 when I think I need them so that I can edit (trim, fix/enhance, etc.). When I finish editing and every 2 - 3 minutes I save the timeline - whole project to avoid "accidents". When at the end of the day I close the program the project should be saved on an external disk. When I open again to work on, some rushes edited previously just do not show up although I saved (ctrl/save) very regurlarly? So, I had to edit again some parts several times already and that slows the job considerably... . The project is saved on the external disk only to save room on the C\ SSD-disk.

What is wrong?

I appreciate your comments.

Thanks.

Alain II ;~(
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Alain II

I'm not sure what "rushes" are, but there's no need to save the PD project on an external drive. The .PDS file is usually less than 1MB because it doesn't store any of your media. Even complicated projects are just a few MB.

If you open the project later and find that some of your edits have disappeared, it sounds like you may have opened an earlier version rather than the most-recently saved. PD is set to automatically save projects every 10 minutes, and I set that to 2 so I will only lose 2 minutes of work if there's a crash for some reason.

If you look in the Preferences (gear icon) for Prject settings, you can see where PD has been autosaving your projects and you may find that the most-recent has the edits you're looking for. You can also change where PD stores the autosave files so it's easy to find them.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I'm not sure what "rushes" are

Previous use of "rushes" terminology, http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/41925.page#216016 "My rush is what I take with my camcorder "

Jeff
Alain II [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 20, 2015 01:34 Messages: 136 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Alain II

I'm not sure what "rushes" are, but there's no need to save the PD project on an external drive. The .PDS file is usually less than 1MB because it doesn't store any of your media. Even complicated projects are just a few MB.

If you open the project later and find that some of your edits have disappeared, it sounds like you may have opened an earlier version rather than the most-recently saved. PD is set to automatically save projects every 10 minutes, and I set that to 2 so I will only lose 2 minutes of work if there's a crash for some reason.

If you look in the Preferences (gear icon) for Prject settings, you can see where PD has been autosaving your projects and you may find that the most-recent has the edits you're looking for. You can also change where PD stores the autosave files so it's easy to find them.

Thanks for your reply and help. In fact, when adding rushes from a SD card into the program and changing the card for another for other rushes just break the links to smart files and that was the reason why the rushes disappeared. Bringing in the full SD card(s) content by copying them to the hard drive (internal or external) avoids the above mentionned problem. Your suggestions for preferences were done but, to be 100% sure, I always manually do a "ctrl/save".

All the best.

Alain II :