Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
HELP ABOUT SCREEN CAPTURE ON POWERDIRECTOR 14 WITH WINDOWS 10
Dannygee [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 09, 2015 02:47 Messages: 2 Online
[Post New]
Ok, i have Powerdirector 13 and everything was good. I recently bought a new 17.3" windows 10 Laptop 16gb ram, 256 SSD, 1tb HDD and Nvidia graphics 965m. I just upgraded to Powerdirector 14 because of Screen Capture/Recording but after the installation, the screen capture is not working. Only the Mic recording is active. Every other thing including webcam, Dv recorder capture are grey and nothing is happening when i clicked on them. I have installed powerdirector 14 patch, but the screen capture is still not working, i can't see the screen capture settings as shown on the screen capture YouTube videos. Can somebody help or is there a problem with powerdirector 14 Screen Capture and Windows 10. Please Somebody HELP.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi
What do you have displayed?
What do you see on your desktop?

1. You should have a shortcut link to screen recorder on your desktop, please check.
  2. You will activate screen recorder via the link shown in the image attached, please attempt the method shown.

Using screen capture, Guide E & F, please show us what you're looking at. https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45453.page
Dafydd

screen capture
[Thumb - SD-2013-02-1846.png]
 Filename
SD-2013-02-1846.png
[Disk]
 Description
screen capture
 Filesize
154 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1968 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 09. 2015 04:01

Dannygee [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 09, 2015 02:47 Messages: 2 Online
[Post New]
Hi, thanks for the response. i have attached a video screenshot of my computer. Whenever i clicked to open the screen capture on desktop nothing happens. When i open screen capture from within powerdirector 14 nothing happens and it just goes to my desktop.
 Filename
Untitled 1.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
Screenshot of computer .mp4 file
 Filesize
7552 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
233 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi
Thanks for the video.
I see you have an active Screen Recorder - the underscore of the link in the task bar shows me it's active. The controls don't display - very strange. Do you have a second monitor set up? Maybe the screen change and controls are in the second monitor set up (monitor or TV).

OK, I think you need to take this issue to CyberLink's Online Support and report the issue. Give them the download link to the video hosted here and let their techs see the issue.

My only suggestion is to try a re-install, it might correct the issue. There also may be a conflict of software with your other screen capture video - heck I'm just guessing. If the re-install fails - head over to CyberLink's support.
Page link: http://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html

Dafydd
louis [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 08, 2016 22:15 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Was this issue ever resolved. I just purchased and installed power director 14 and I'm having the same problem with the Screen Capture. When I click on it either through it's shortcut or from within the editor nothing happens and I just go back to my desktop.
louis [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 08, 2016 22:15 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Dannygee I just looked at your video and I am having the same exact problem. I'm running windows 10. Did you ever it out?