Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to get rid of Color Director
Anja the Dane
Contributor Location: Denmark (North of Copenhagen) Joined: Mar 03, 2011 15:02 Messages: 347 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

When I purchased PRD14 I also got Color Director - I just was not aware it was a trial version with limited duration.

The other day I thought it was time to find out what this program could offer.

but I got this message:

OK, I thought, so I simply uninstall the program.

BUT
It isn't to be found in Windows manager
When i search the filesystem there are a lot of hits - see attachment

What do I do now?

Cheers, Anja
[Thumb - ColorDirector4_søg C.png]
 Filename
ColorDirector4_søg C.png
[Disk]
 Description
search results
 Filesize
351 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
204 time(s)
PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Very strange!

First, which version of PD14 did you buy? If you paid for the Director or Ultimate Suite, you should have a full version of CD4. You would also find the option to uninstall CD4 if you went to Programs and Features and selected Uninstall/Change for PD Director/Ultimate Suite 4.

If you don't have the suite, try downloading the free trial version of Revo Uninstaller Pro and see if CD4 shows up in the program list. If it does, you can easily uninstall CD4.

Another option would be to download the trial version of CD4 from the Cyberlink website and install it, then uninstall it normally.

Hopefully at least one of these will work for you

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 07. 2015 18:08

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
Hello again Anja,

You really are having a clean-up! laughing

I'm VERY surprised that a trial version of CDR was supplied when you purchased PDR14. I've never seen such a thing. I've seen PDR bundled with ADR, but never with a trial.

For whatever reason, there are times when installed software doesn't appear in the programs list. I can only make the same suggestion I did in the other PhD thread.

Download the free version of Revo Uninstaller from http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html (not the pro version). Once it's installed, when you run it, the liust of installed software is displayed.

Select the program you want to uninstall & click Uninstall at the top. Next select the "Moderate" mode (default) & the software will be uninstalled including left-over registry entries.

I understand you're hesitant to use other software like that, but I've used Revo for some years now without a single issue.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Anja the Dane
Contributor Location: Denmark (North of Copenhagen) Joined: Mar 03, 2011 15:02 Messages: 347 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Pix,

If you whatch the PhD thread you'll se I already downloades Revo and used it.

Hi optodata, nice to see you in this forum too!

Revo don't see ColorDirector in Windows Uninstall/Change thats one of the problems.

I just purchased PDR14 Ultimate

(a side remark that I'll post at PDR forum later - I found out that it is the update:
nVidia - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3, Graphics Adapter WDDM2.0, Other hardware - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
which comes with windows update that causes the audio issue)

OK tomorrow (it's late night here) I'll try downloading the trial version - install it - and then uninstall

will let yoy know if ti helps.

good night to both of you PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
[Post New]
Apologies to both of you, Anja & optodata. I didn't realise Revo had already been installed, nor that the CDR trial didn't appear in the list. optadata & I were posting at the same time so our combined advice came out a little muddled. embarassed

PIX

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 07. 2015 19:36

PIX YouTube channel
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, sorry to unintentionally cross messages in the (a)ether, PIX

I was out cutting down a Christmas tree with my kids and I guess missed some of the action here, but hopefully installing/uninstalling a new trial copy of CD4 will do the trick.

You may get a message that CD4 is already installed and the installer may offer to uninstall it for you, and you might be able to cancel it when that finishes and before you actually install the new copy.

The worst case is that it will tell you that you need to uninstall the program before continuing

Hopefully that won't haoppen, but if that's the case, maybe contacting CL tech support would be the best choice.They may have a special clean-up tool to clear out all the files and folders you posted in that long list, along with removing all the registry entries.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 07. 2015 22:59

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Anja the Dane
[Post New]
OK, thanks both,

always the hard way frown

If it wasn't for all the windows update I would prefet to start from scratch with a cleen windows undecided PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
optodata
[Post New]
Quote: If it wasn't for all the windows update I would prefet to start from scratch with a cleen windows undecided

Are you ready to upgrade to Win10? Now would be the ideal time, and you can do an in-place upgrade or upgrade but remove all your programs and start fresh.

If you want to stay with Win7 for now but start over, you can do that too. Let me know if you want to do either and I'll explain how to do it.

YouTube/optodata

Anja the Dane
[Post New]
Hello optodata,
I am very happy that you will help.laughing

I'm almost ready to win 10 although I am very happy with win7.

I've been busy making backups etc.

I still need an answer from Seagate about how to relate with respect to my NAS and NAS discovery (management application) and BlackAmor Backup. When I look in the folder with the installation files - Windows Driver folder, there are only drivers for Vista and Win7. It will not be nice if I can not manage the NAS or recover my backup's.

I have already updated my Acer laptop with Win 10 - it was an easy choice because it was purchased with Win 8.1 which I found absolutely terrible.
In this update I answered 'yes' to something about keeping something as it was - This was the best choice for not loosing any of the programs that came with labtop. - and the startup screen is the desktop as before.

When I update/upgrade the PC it must be a clean installation even if I have to install programs again - That way I'll get rid of CollorDirector and both PhotoDirector 3 and 7, Plus other thing I don't need. - And I'll have a nice clean system.

Is it possible to choose keeping something and not other things?
e.g. the network configuration and the wireless printer.

Is it possible to choose where the recovery partition must be located? - it will be bad if the space is taken from the SSD disk.

For now, Cheers PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
optodata
[Post New]
Hi Anja

I understand your concerns about NAS. Many older devices only have drivers for Win7 or 8.1 and still run perfectly on Win10, but it's a good idea to check with Seagate.

When you do an upgrade to Win10, the only choices are to keep everything or remove everything. In your case, you will want to remove everything and let Win10 automatically set up everything for you. Try not to worry about whether everything will be exactly the same as now. The same functionality should be there even if Win10 accomplishes it differently.

The recovery partition and 2 other small ones are required to be on the boot drive (your SSD). Win10 will create them automatically and you cannot move them to another drive. However, with all your personal files on your HDD, Win10 and all your installed apps will only take up around 30GB to 40GB of space.

I have 5 PCs with 60GB or 100GB SSD C: drives and I've never had a problem running out of room. The only ongoing maintenance issue that I need to do is to remove the previous Windows installation files after every full OS update. In File Explorer, right-click on C: then Properties, Disk Cleanup, Clean up system files and check the boxes for Previous Windows installation and Temporary installation files. That frees up 15GB - 22GB every time

Good luck!

YouTube/optodata

Anja the Dane
[Post New]
Thanks optodata,

I don't understand why the recovery must be at the SSD - today, the recovery for Win7 is on another disk, the E-drive.

I think there should be a way to force the installation to make the recovery partition on an other disk.

While waiting for Seagate - Merry Christmas. PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
optodata
[Post New]
Maybe I'm mistaken about what you're calling the recovery partition. I have three small hidden, required partitions on my system: 300MB Recovery Partition; 100MB EFI System Partition; 450MB Recovery Partition which are similar to the ones needed for Win8/8.1.

However, this *article* states that Win10 doesn't use a large, dedicated recovery partition, which may be what you're referencing for Win7.

This change is in line with my thoughts about not worrying too much about how Win10 does things. It's more efficient and automated and should take care of more details that you've had to manually stay on top of up until now.

Does this help with your concerns?

YouTube/optodata