Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Unable to uninstall PhotoDirector3
Anja the Dane
Contributor Location: Denmark (North of Copenhagen) Joined: Mar 03, 2011 15:02 Messages: 347 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

I'm trying to make a cleanup at my PC e.g. remove / uninstall programs I don't need.

But I can't uninstall PhotoDirector3 because the InstallShield Wizard tells the SKRSet.xml file is missing.

file missing

I havn't deleted any files manually - So how do I uninstall the program?

Cheers, Anja PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
[Post New]
Hello Anja the Dane,

This is a not-uncommon problem I've seen reported with a number of CyberLink products.

Have you tried using a dedicated uninstaller like Revo? or CC Cleaner (which has an uninstaller built in)?

If Revo Uninstaller cannot "see" PhotoDirector3, try using Hunter Mode.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Anja the Dane
Contributor Location: Denmark (North of Copenhagen) Joined: Mar 03, 2011 15:02 Messages: 347 Offline
[Post New]
Hi PIX,

Thanks for your answer.

Haven't had these uninstall problems with my other CL products - especially I have had to uninstall and reinstall PDR several times.

I don't have either Revo or CC Cleaner and I'm afraid if I get and try to use CC cleaner (think one must have very good computer skills to use it) I might do something wrong.

Is Revo also a freeware?
Where to download from whithout also getting some bugs along with it?

Anja PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
Anja the Dane
[Post New]
Hi again pix,

I installed Revo - and yes it found lots of file to delete but now I'm confued

which one to delete

How to decide which of those to delete?

Som could be conected to PhotoDirector7 ... so? PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
[Post New]
Anja,

My apologies. I responded in your other thread not realising you'd already installed Revo.

I don't think you'll have too many difficulties if you select all the leftover files found by Revo to delete. Possibly the worst case scenario might be that you have to re-install PhD7.

If you select "none", you system will simply be left with disconnected registry entries.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Anja the Dane
[Post New]
OK - thanks PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Revo's MODERATE mode is the safest !

They may still have the free trial of the Pro version which will uninstall partially installed or uninstalled programs. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.