Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio Director won't load audio files
[Post New]
My AD will not load files. I can't even load from the sound clips library that is part of AD. My AD is part of PD14 live. I believe that my AD has been corrupted somehow and think re-installing it would be the way to go, but have no idea on how to re-install since I am using AD live and don't have the install program. Any ideas on how to re-install
PsiSoldier [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2015 21:59 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
My Audio Director as well has this problem.. I cannot even record with the microphone either.. Basically it cannot do anything at all except load sound clips
Psi
PsiSoldier [Avatar]
[Post New]
Actually for that matter My Audio Director 6 will not load any kind of video file, wav or mp3 in addition to not being able to record even though I have the appropriate microphone selected. I thought maybe I needed to update Audio Director 6 but when I downloaded the patch it tells me...

"You do not have the required version of the program installed on your system. The installation will abort"

Unfortnately I do not know if this is because there is a problem with my installation or the patch or if it is because my version is already up to date. I just purchased it on Monday December 30th so it might already be up to date.

On a side note I am using windows 10 and have also tried running Audio Director in Windows 7 compatibility mode and as administrator but it didn't help. Psi
[Post New]
I found the problem. It was in my virus program that was not allowing one of the files to be accessed. Once I told the virus checker to allow that file, all my problems cleared up.
PsiSoldier [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sadly that doesn't seem to be my case.. Ive disabled all my antivirus software and still it is a no go. Psi
[Post New]
Hello dkinaz1,

I'm pleased you were able to locate the source of the issue and continue to use ADR happily. Are there any further details you could share (shown up in your virus protection software) that might assist others having similar problems?

PIX PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
Hello Nathaniel,

There's something seriously amiss there, obviously.

Since you've only recently purchased, you'd still have the installer files for ADR6. Have you tried completely uninstalling and re-installing a fresh copy?

If you check your ADR "About" (click on the AudioDirector icon or label), does it say version 6.0.5902? If so, that's the most recent build.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
PsiSoldier [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok so it turns out that as was the case dkinaz1 it was my antivirus program Avast causing the problems I had tried adding Audiodirector to the exception list and even turning off the antivirus but I was still experiencing the same problem.

In the end I had to uninstall the antivirus program and audiodirector and reinstall audiodirector... But at least it works now. Psi
[Post New]
Psi Soldier - I also use Avast. That is the same process that I had to go through. Glad you got yours going also. Once, Avast detected and erronious problem with AD6, it quarantened the file, so that AD6 could not work. By reinstalling AD6, the file was restored and since the file was now on the exception list, Avast no longer tried to get rid of it.

Glad you got it working....