Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD14 - sound issues. Please Help
NL74 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 01, 2015 10:38 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
UPDATE: I have been using the full version of PD14 for a week and a half now, and love it. I have NO problems making videos/movies/dvds of my home vide clips, .avi .mp4. I am still having an issue with .mov files. I can insert the .mov files into the timeline, click on the individual clip and everything plays fine. Full sound with video. But if I let it continue to play into the next clip, or start playing from the begining, I am loosing sound for the first 5-10 seconds of each clip.

Like I said, if I click on the begining of a .mov clip and play, sound works. But loss of sound at begining of each clip if it just plays through.

As you can see below, Carl312 tried to help, and everything is good as far as my computer. I even tried opening quicktime and having it open in the background during everything. But still the same.

HELP I have 6 years of video clips I am putting together and it is annoying having the sound dissapear for a few seconds everytime the video changes scenes/clips.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original question:

I have a question. I recently downloaded the PowerDirector 14 Utimate trial to play with before spending almost $100 for the program. I am mostly using it to put ALOT of home video clips that I have saved on a external HD and place them on DVD to watch, for my wife.

The files start out as .mov (original camera), then go to .avi (next camera, then 1st smart phones). They do change to .mp4 (galaxy s5), but haven't gotten to those yet. Eventually I will catch up to newer videos that are .mp4 (glaxy s5). I noticed that I arrange the .mov files into a video then produce them to a .mpg movie clip so I can then put a couple of .mpg files together on a single dvd, to have a couple of different scenes/years or clips. Then I arrange the .avi files into a video and produce them to .mpg. Then arrange the .mpg files in the menu and burn a disc. I assume the watermark at the begining of each .mpg will go away with the paid verison.

The issues I am noticing, on almost every single clip that I put into the individual .mpg clips, there is no sound for a couple of seconds, then comes on. As the video (.mpg) plays, the sound doesn't start immediately as it goes to each individual .mov file that was put together. The sound does show up, but not for the first few seconds, and the wife isn't happy. I noticed this is only when the original video was a .mov file. All the .avi files sound is fine.

Is this because I am using a trial version? Or is this for some other reason?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 20. 2015 21:58

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
It is possible the trial is the problem, the Trial is a cut down program and does not have all of the functionality of the full program.

More likely you may have an underpowered computer.

Please post Part B of this Link: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45453.page

Please attach the Text File, do not paste the contents on the forum.

We can look at your computer to see if it has problems or is powerful enough.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 01. 2015 11:50

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

NL74 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: It is possible the trial is the problem, the Trial is a cut down program and does not have all of the functionality of the full program.

More likely you may have an underpowered computer.

Please post Part B of this Link: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45453.page

Please attach the Text File, do not paste the contents on the forum.

We can look at your computer to see if it has problems or is powerful enough.

Here is the info. The computer is not that old.
 Filename
64DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
49 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
228 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
31 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
412 time(s)
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Thank You for the Dxdiag.txt files.

I do not see anything major, your video driver and sound driver is over a year old, you might look for updates.

home video clips that I have saved on a external HD
If you are trying to edit the video from that external hard drive, that may be source of the delays. If you copy the video you are working on to a folder on your internal Hard drive you may fix the delays.

The water mark at the first 5 seconds of the video is not in the paid version, the water mark is only placed by the Trial version. To make is easy to remove the watermark, put a 5 second color board at the begining of your video. When you get a paid version you can remove that first five seconds.

The watermark is a title that can be removed in a paid version of Powerdirector. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

NL74 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Thank You for the Dxdiag.txt files.

I do not see anything major, your video driver and sound driver is over a year old, you might look for updates.

home video clips that I have saved on a external HD
If you are trying to edit the video from that external hard drive, that may be source of the delays. If you copy the video you are working on to a folder on your internal Hard drive you may fix the delays.

I only had them saved on an external HD. Anytime I make any DVD's I always make a folder on the desktop and place the files I am working with there. So, I am working with files that I already placed on my internal HD, and play fine (sound and video) within PD14 and just in quicktime. I think it odd that this only happened to .mov files.

I am hoping it is just a trial version issue. Probably gonna bite the bullet and purchase everything later tonight.
Carl312
[Post New]
Do you have the latest Quicktime installed? Current version is 7.7.8?

Powerdirector uses Quicktime for MOV files. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

NL74 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Do you have the latest Quicktime installed? Current version is 7.7.8?

Powerdirector uses Quicktime for MOV files.

Yes, just installed it last week
NL74 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Update......

I bought the full version last night and installed everything today. I am glad I bought it, because of all the extra stuff that gets unlocked once purchased. Anyway.....

I am still having the same problem with the sound cutting out at the beginning of each .mov clip. But I noticed something about it. It does it in editing mode. If I play the video from the first clip, as it gets to each individual clip, the sound will drop for 3-10 seconds at the beginning of each clip. BUT, if I just go to the beginning of each .mov clip and play, the sound works perfect.

It seems to be a problem once everything is played anywhere in the timeline and it goes to the next file.

I inserted a couple of other files, .avi & .mp4 , and they seem to work without a problem. It seems to only be the .mov files that has this glitch.

Any incite to what's up?
NL74 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Please help, I am still having the issues with the sound using just .mov files. I updated the first post of this thread.

Thank you
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi NL74,
1. We could do with some more information on the mov files you have and/or a sample, please provide.
2. What were these mov files recorded with? Sample = 5 seconds long of unedited footage directly from source.
3. Please supply a screenshot of the Edit workspace with your project insitu - show us what you're looking at.

See the guide, Part J, http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45453.page

My guess is you have a high bitrate mov file, your shared ram gpu is struggling and the video/audio is whacked out of sync because of it. The i5 is also struggling with the higher draw down with PDR open and playing/displaying/processing on the fly.

It is critical we have the MediaInfo of the mov file - we're only able to speculate/guess as to the cause. The image is also an essential, Provide all the info requested please.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 21. 2015 07:06

Fratila [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 31, 2016 15:43 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have purchased full cyberlink power director 14 ultimate...and i have a problem...sound does not play when i hit play on the layer, yet if i a click on preview of the song i can hear it...I do not know what is the problem..since i saved my project and i used to hear it play ? So to make it clear when i made the first project i could hear the song playing and now i am unable to hear it except the preview...

What is this problem? How can i fix this ? Please, i spent a lot of money on this.
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: I have purchased full cyberlink power director 14 ultimate...and i have a problem...sound does not play when i hit play on the layer, yet if i a click on preview of the song i can hear it...I do not know what is the problem..since i saved my project and i used to hear it play ? So to make it clear when i made the first project i could hear the song playing and now i am unable to hear it except the preview...

What is this problem? How can i fix this ? Please, i spent a lot of money on this.
You are posting on a thread that is a year ago.

Check that you have the preview set to Real Time preview. Also be sure you have the volume turned up and the check mark is on the audio portion of your video.

If that does not solve your problem, you need to start you own new topic. Top of PD 14 forum New Topic.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 31. 2016 21:38

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Fratila [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 31, 2016 15:43 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have solved it after i posted, i set it on real time...that seemed to be a problem.. i am sorry i posted here, i was in dispair since i was unable to find other things on google.

Thank you! I hope others who will encouter the same issue to find this and solve their problem.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 01. 2016 04:53