Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can Not Change Settings
Anotherround [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 27, 2015 04:44 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Wondering if anyone else has had this problem and can give me some guidance.

Just purchased PowerDirector 14 and when I click on the Settings icon in PowerDirector I get a warning dialogue box that says that the folder - C:\User\Documents\Cyberlink\CyberLink Drive\PowerDirector does not exist.

If I click cancel the settings box does appear but I am unable to change the settings as the same warning appears.

In an attempt to try something myself I created the folders CyberLink etc in my Documents folder, but now when I click on the settings Icon I get another warning saying - The current permissions settings do not allow you to select this location. Select a different location, and try again.

Look forward to your replys

Thanks!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
The local address you've given misses off the computer's user name.
1. Preference icon?
2. Did you install the software as the "Admin" user?
Dafydd
Anotherround [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 27, 2015 04:44 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: The local address you've given misses off the computer's user name.
1. Preference icon?
2. Did you install the software as the "Admin" user?
Dafydd

Hi Dafydd thanks for the reply.

1. I have missed off the user name when I posted my question, but it was there in the dialogue box.

2. My error, it is the Set User Preferences icon, not settings Icon

3. As far as I'm aware as the only user on my PC, I am the Admin.

Also, the strange thing is even though when I click the Set User Preferences Icon and I get the The current permissions settings do not allow you to select this location. Select a different location, and try again dialogue box, after clicking cancel on it I still get the Preferences box come up and I can change the settings although nothing happens when I click either OK or Cancel, I have to click the X to get rid of the Preferences box . But when I next load up PowerDirector the settings are what I had changed them to.

Thanks
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Anotherround ,
I cant recall seeing this type of error before in PDR.

Try the following.
1. Reinstall PDR14 and overwrite everything. If that fails to correct the issue, then the option is item 2.
2. Take a screenshot image of the error message and submit the issue (and the image) to CyberLink's Online Support.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 29. 2015 11:01

[Post New]
The error "Does not exist" was solved by changing the Preferences and Cyberlink Cloud and Download folder. It had no drive letter on my pc.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 25. 2019 20:46