Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Creating customised transitions
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hello!

I've noted with interest, the provision for creating a customised transition effect(not a variation of existing effects, but completely user-created) What type of image do I need to create such an effect? BMP, JPG, PNG..... What type?

I'd like to have a crack at creating a transition that, if successful, I could upload it so others may use it as well.

Cheers!

Neil
Anja the Dane
Contributor Location: Denmark (North of Copenhagen) Joined: Mar 03, 2011 15:02 Messages: 347 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Neil,

Watch this video, Transition Designer | CyberLink PowerDirector Tutorial

It dosn't say anything about image type so I do not think it matters which format you use.

I would would use PNG because it's smaller files.

Cheers PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Anja!

That gives me some ideas that I'll try out at some point soon. This is something I didn't(and still don't) have in PD8. I've retained PD8 because it allows me to author(burn) to DVD at DVD-SP quality to get the most out of available capacity of DVD discs. High image quality doesn't mean much to me if I can get just over an hour's worth of content onto the disc. But as for custom-created transitions... Yep! I'll definitely be creating some of my own, now I know how it's done!

Cheers!

Neil.
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, Anja.

By now you may have seen the two new transitions I've created and uploaded, Diagonal Wipe 1 & 2. They should prove useful to anyone who downloads them and they can be manipulated by the end user as well.

Cheers!

Neil.
Anja the Dane
Contributor Location: Denmark (North of Copenhagen) Joined: Mar 03, 2011 15:02 Messages: 347 Offline
[Post New]
Well done Neil! laughing

Cheers, Anja PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ah, Anja!

You've seen my two new transitions! Glad you liked them! Emboldened as I am now, I will create a few more yet!

As they say in the classics, "Watch This Space!"

Cheers!

Neil.
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello Neil,

I bought PD14 Ultra today and was a bit dismayed at the solitary wipe. Then I searched on Google found this thread downloaded your Diagonal Wipe from looking at that realised how I could make my own using a gradient in Ps.

I've just uploaded my "Vertical Wipe L to R" works a treat, without yours to guide me I wouldn't have found out how to do it, thanks a million.

I've tried dozens of VidEd programs and this PD14 really is the bees knees.

Cheers - Jem

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 22. 2015 18:09

Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, JemRa1d!

Glad I was able to provide some help, or at least some inspitation. I created my diagonal wipe by starting from a simple pattern designed in Microsoft Publisher. I drew out a box of 16 units wide by 9 units high(the "units" could be pixels or centimetres) Clicked "No Line" for the border of this item chose a two-colour diagonal effect(grey & White), copied it and pasted it to Microsoft "Paint" as a bitmap. That design was the base for the transition I created. To get the Top-Left to Bottom-Right wipe I just changed it in the "transition Designer" compoent of the tansitions room. Oh, dear! I've just revealed my secret...... ALL READERS OF THIS POST, AVERT YOUR EYES....... Oops! Too late! (ha-ha)

Cheers!

Neil.