Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Several workspace to one
NenaVasconcelos [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 06, 2015 05:20 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Couldn't find any help to my question, hope someone could help me.

I need to get clips from 50/60 workspaces into one workspace, copy and paste, one by one take a lot of time and it is boring.

Is there any way to do this easy ? Cause i need to do this a lot.

TYVM
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Nena

Just to clarify. By "workspaces", do you mean previously saved projects?

Robert
Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Hi again

If you are referring to saved projects, did you "pack project" after you finished the project?

Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
The Shadowman
[Post New]
You say that you have to do this a lot in the future. So try this:

When your project is finished and you no longer wish to edit it click on FILE - PACK PROJECT MATERIALS. This action saves the project itself (.PDS file) and all the material in your project in its original form eg .mp4, to a folder of your choice. So all your separate clips will be visible in the folder you chose.

When you wish to import the clips back into a new worspace you can do the following:

Open a new workspace in PD, then open Windows Explorer and go to the folder where you packed the project to. You will be able to see all your clips to identify them plus the project in .PDS form.

select the first clip you want to use again and then put your finger on the CTRL key and keep it there. Start selecting all the other clips you require until they are all highlighted. then, still keeping your finger on the CTRL key drag all the clips at once into the new workspace you opened in PD.

This should make life easier for you

Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
NenaVasconcelos [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 06, 2015 05:20 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Shadowman,
Thank you for reply.
By workspaces i mean all the project.
I work with race events and at end of year i need to make a movie by driver. To do that i need all year clips in same project/workspace so i can work with it.
Will try your tip and let you know.