Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
bug in video reverse?
Bananacy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 16, 2015 07:38 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
I have a clip of few seconds which i reversed, and on rendering it flashes.

I had fixed it by retoggling the checkbox.

But now i decided to shift things around a bit and did an export which took about an hour only to find that scene flashing again!

So i toggled it again hoping to will work now.
Bananacy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 16, 2015 07:38 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
no luck, i ended up exporting that clip on its own and then re importing. Seems to work when it was the only clip in the timeline...
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, Bananacy

I've used the Video In Reverse function in a third party software which works very well. *PD14's Video Reverse works well too after rendering and is easier to use than the reversing feature in *PD8. The feature in *PD8 can be jerky when seeing the final rendered effect but in *PD14, though viewing in the preview can be a bit jerky and rough, the final render works very well. The trick is: the part to which you want to apply the effect should be split out from the rest of your video(say it's your son/daughter/nephew/niece jumping into a pool) Split the video at the point just before the jump, count off 25 frames(1 second's worth of clip, assuming you're working with 25 fps, it's also good here to start and end right on the exact second, it helps to give an exact frame count) Split again at the end of the second's worth of clip, then copy that portion to clipboard. Move the remaining portion of your clip to the right, evaving enough space to paste in the portion to which you want to apply the reverse effect, pasing in as many as needed for your wanted effect(should be an odd number, though, as the last-pasted portion needs to mate up with the remainder of the video, so, paste in 7 times and apply the reverse to the 2nd, 4th and 6th paste. Final result: She's in-she's out-she's in-she's out....! "Hey, you gettin' in the pool or ain't ya?"(LOL) Makes for great comic effect! The above is just an example of how to apply the reversing effect. If it looks a bit patchy in the preview, it should right itself in the final render(produce).

Cheers!

Neil

P.S. The * refers to both Power Directors being "Ultra" versions.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 09. 2015 00:19

David [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 25, 2012 21:03 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having similar troubles - trying to video reverse a 10-sec clip, but it consistently renders with a half dozen to 10 or more black flashing glitches. Even when I remove the clip from my full hour-long video & try to reverse video it all alone on an empty track in a different file, same thing happens. With or without SVRT off in production. Very annoying. (Windows 7 Quadcore machine, PD14 Ultra, fully updated). Any suggestions?
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
SVRT will not work on the clip as you are applying reverse.
I suggest un-ticking any hardware acceleration.
In the past, when I need a clip reversed, I produce it first, then use that clip in my project. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: SVRT will not work on the clip as you are applying reverse.
I suggest un-ticking any hardware acceleration.
In the past, when I need a clip reversed, I produce it first, then use that clip in my project.

That clearly sounds like the way to go, and is similar to what I was suggesting elsewhere in another related thread. Thanks, Barry!

Cheers!

Neil.