Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Magic motion resizing my photo
pamenamel
Newbie Location: Alpharetta, GA Joined: Dec 15, 2014 18:51 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I'm trying to insert a photo into a video, and give it a little motion. I'm trying to use Magic Motion and it does give it the movement, but it also resizes/repositions the photo so it doesn't all appear on the screen.

I made sure the aspect ratio was 16:9

I resized the photo several times. Smaller was better, but still not good. Got it down to 700 along the long edge and it was still off the edges.

I added an exterior frame to the photo so it would be smaller in the center of the field. again, helped some, but it still feels wrong. I know there should be a way to insert a photo and give it movement without having to go to these lengths to keep the entire product on the page.

Is there some "magic number" for how big the photo should be? or how much of it should be framed? Or am I just missing something basic here. I'm totally self taught on this program and new, so I could easily just be missing something.

Help very much appreciated!

Pam

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 05. 2015 21:23

Pam East
www.pameast.net
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Pam -

Are you trying to create motion within the photo or make the whole photo move across the screen in some way?

Magic Motion will create motion within the photo - that means at some point it will be cropped. If you want to make the photo move across the screen, you'd nee to use PiP Designer - click Modify.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 05. 2015 21:39

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
pamenamel
Newbie Location: Alpharetta, GA Joined: Dec 15, 2014 18:51 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
aHa!  I knew I had to be doing something wrong.  PiP is definately getting me much closer to what I wanted.  Thank you Tony!

I've got my picture moving all over the screen now... only problem now is what I want is for it to gently expand or contract like a zoom in or a zoom out. And I don't see that in the preset choices. Is there a PiP I can download somewhere to make it do that? Or is it here and I don't yet understand how to interpret what I'm seeing?

The learning curve continues. Thank you SO much for your help! I really do love this program. The quality of my videos has improved exponentially since subscribing. Pam East
www.pameast.net
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Pam -

I'm glad you're having some success with it now.

There are no "presets". The easiest thing to do, once you've set the scale & position keyframes, is to copy & past the keyframes from one photo to another. Only do this if they're the same aspect ratio!

There's a little zipped project attached. It has 4 images - 2x16:9 & 2x4:3 - that fade in, zoom in/out, then fade out. You can see how the keyframes have been set in PiP Designer.

If your photos happen to be either 16:9 or 4:3, you can just copy/paste keyframes to your own photos. If they're slightly different, you'd need to set the keyframes separately (but in a similar way).

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
PiP Zoom.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1954 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
295 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!