Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD14 - Install without Internet?
Drew7294 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 03, 2015 10:49 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
My employer has purchased 8 licences of PowerDirector 14, however we are having a problem installing them on the intended computers as they are not connected to the Internet.

I work for a government agency, and connecting our internal computers to the Internet is simply not an option. Other software vendors have routinely offered solutions, ie. a Registry hack or a hardware key generator, to activate their software without Internet access. CyberLink tech support, however, have offered no such solutions and simply directed us back to Sales to request a refund.

Through testing and evaluation, I believe that PD14 is the best software available for our specific needs. It would be unfortunate if a company as established and recognized as Cyberlink cannot provide enough flexibility to account for situations such as this.

I have reached out to Cyberlink's North American Sales department through their online form, but have had no response.

If anyone here has any experience with this, your advice would be greatly appreciated.
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Normally PD will install without an internet connection. However, any updates are only available via the web. Win 10, i7
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hello.

My experience in installing PD14 is that I required the Internet to complete the process. Simply typing in the CD-Key wasn't enough(though I had several attempts to get it right). As I'm given to understand, from PD10 upwards to PD14, an internet connection is required to complete the installation and activation process.

Cheers!

Neil.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: My employer has purchased 8 licences of PowerDirector 14, however we are having a problem installing them on the intended computers as they are not connected to the Internet.

I work for a government agency, and connecting our internal computers to the Internet is simply not an option. Other software vendors have routinely offered solutions, ie. a Registry hack or a hardware key generator, to activate their software without Internet access. CyberLink tech support, however, have offered no such solutions and simply directed us back to Sales to request a refund.

Through testing and evaluation, I believe that PD14 is the best software available for our specific needs. It would be unfortunate if a company as established and recognized as Cyberlink cannot provide enough flexibility to account for situations such as this.

I have reached out to Cyberlink's North American Sales department through their online form, but have had no response.

If anyone here has any experience with this, your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Drew7294,

I have referred your concerns to CyberLink. They would like to have the online support "Ticket ID" to investigate and then to respond to you directly. You can either PM me the information or post it here on the forum. I'm hoping they'll be able to provide you with a solution for the multi-license use of PowerDirector 14.

Dafydd
Drew7294 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Dafydd, I have PM'd you the details.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Got it and responded. Thanks
Dafydd
Drew7294 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Cyberlink provided a solution and the software is installed and running.
MarleneLeonie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 17, 2017 05:05 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Dear Dafydd,

I am hoping that you might be able to help me like you did for Drew, as I contacted Cyberlink with the same question: how to install and activivate the software without access to the internet. Unfortunately I got a response back that told me what I already knew: which is that one normally needs access to the internet to get the software up and running.

What I had explained was:
I have purchased PowerDirector 15 for a Nepalese NGO. I trained the farmers and staff members of this organisation to make agricultural innovation videos a few years ago. I am going back there now because their former editing software had crashed. As the the NGO is situated in an isolated area of the Himalayas there is no internet there. As I need to install the sofware on their laptop (which they constantly need as it is their main computer) I therefore need to be able to install and PowerDirector 15 without access to the internet. I have the DVD and the digital copy to bring with me but I have understood that with the normal process I would not be able to install the software on their computer without access to the internet. Please help me find a way around thsi problem. I prefer PowerDirector over other software and have no time to return and purchase other software before I leave. I hope to hear from you with a solution soon. I have purchased Powrdirector 15 as a DVD but also just downloaded the digital copy. Thanks very much in advance.

The reply I got was:
I understand, you want to install and activate your software without using an Internet connectionIn regards to your concern, I would like to inform that it is mendatory for the computer to be connected with an Internet in order to activate the software.You can install the software using the installation disc that you have purchased, without using an Internet but after installation you will require to connect your PC to an Internet in order to activate the software using an activation key.

This NGO would really benefit from having the software, so I really hope you can help us out.

The ticket ID was: CS001716276

Best wishes,
Marleen
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Post content removed after discussions.

Despite repeated requests, the member could not explain how their post was contributing to a solution for the issue and, in the absence of such an explanation, it has been decided to remove the post.

It is an unfortunate event, but it is so important that all members can rely on constructive and positive advice, rather than less relevant opinion that brings no merit to the issue raised or benefit to the other members involved.

As the issue is being dealt with by Customer Services, the thread has now been locked.

Thank you.

PowerDirector Moderator.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 20. 2017 13:26

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Dear Dafydd,

I am hoping that you might be able to help me like you did for Drew, as I contacted Cyberlink with the same question: how to install and activivate the software without access to the internet. Unfortunately I got a response back that told me what I already knew: which is that one normally needs access to the internet to get the software up and running.

What I had explained was:
I have purchased PowerDirector 15 for a Nepalese NGO. I trained the farmers and staff members of this organisation to make agricultural innovation videos a few years ago. I am going back there now because their former editing software had crashed. As the the NGO is situated in an isolated area of the Himalayas there is no internet there. As I need to install the sofware on their laptop (which they constantly need as it is their main computer) I therefore need to be able to install and PowerDirector 15 without access to the internet. I have the DVD and the digital copy to bring with me but I have understood that with the normal process I would not be able to install the software on their computer without access to the internet. Please help me find a way around thsi problem. I prefer PowerDirector over other software and have no time to return and purchase other software before I leave. I hope to hear from you with a solution soon. I have purchased Powrdirector 15 as a DVD but also just downloaded the digital copy. Thanks very much in advance.

The reply I got was:
I understand, you want to install and activate your software without using an Internet connectionIn regards to your concern, I would like to inform that it is mendatory for the computer to be connected with an Internet in order to activate the software.You can install the software using the installation disc that you have purchased, without using an Internet but after installation you will require to connect your PC to an Internet in order to activate the software using an activation key.

This NGO would really benefit from having the software, so I really hope you can help us out.

The ticket ID was: CS001716276

Best wishes,
Marleen

Hello Marleen,

Thank you for the information, including your CS ticket ID. We have escalated it to the customer support manager and he is looking into it.

Cheers,

PowerDirector Moderator